PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2006 - Minus cells between two tables

tyeelaw13
2006-09-11, 09:20 PM
Ok, so here's what I'm trying to do, but have been unsuccessful so far. I am using 3 tables with the "insert field" "cell" variable to link the first 2 together to give me the difference in the 3rd table.

I input the s.f. of a lot into a table 1 (let's say 2,500 for example)
Then I'm inputing the coverage of a house into a table 2 (let's say 500 for example)

Then I'm using a field in the 3rd table to use the "cell" contents of the s.f. of the lot MINUS the coverage of the house. This works ok until the number is less than 1,000. I have to enter the coverage as 0,500 in order to get it to work properly.

Is there a way to make this work without having to enter the coverage of the house as 0,500?
I can get this to work with the 2nd number being like 1,000 or more just fine..

Thank you in advance

Wanderer
2006-09-11, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm going to move this from the Autocad General Forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks!
Ok, so here's what I'm trying to do, but have been unsuccessful so far. I am using 3 tables with the "insert field" "cell" variable to link the first 2 together to give me the difference in the 3rd table.

I input the s.f. of a lot into a table 1 (let's say 2,500 for example)
Then I'm inputing the coverage of a house into a table 2 (let's say 500 for example)

Then I'm using a field in the 3rd table to use the "cell" contents of the s.f. of the lot MINUS the coverage of the house. This works ok until the number is less than 1,000. I have to enter the coverage as 0,500 in order to get it to work properly.

Is there a way to make this work without having to enter the coverage of the house as 0,500?
I can get this to work with the 2nd number being like 1,000 or more just fine..

Thank you in advance

tyeelaw13
2006-09-13, 06:20 PM
I ended up putting ( )'s around each cell and multiplying the first by 100, and it worked, but this seems like a patch not a fix.

Wanderer
2006-09-14, 12:47 AM
I ended up putting ( )'s around each cell and multiplying the first by 100, and it worked, but this seems like a patch not a fix.Well, thanks for posting back your workaround.