PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted for MDT 2005 resources

jniessen
2006-09-14, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone.

I hope it is ok to put this in this forum but i couldn't find a buy/sell/trade section.

I have three students interested in learning MDT. We are running MDT 2005. I have found the tutorial info that shipped with the software is almost completely useless. Particularly for grade 11 students. The kids and i have spent a considerable amount of time looking for some basic, getting started, tutorials. We have contacted IDesign and other suppliers for material to no avail. The only real resource i have been able to find is the MDT 2005 tutorial book through places like Indigo. Unfortunately, one book will cost me about $80 shipped to Vancouver BC Canada. If i have to buy the books I will but money in the school system is an issue. I hope that you guys can help me out in finding some better resources for them. Here are the options as I see them.

Would anyone happen to know of a good site still posting ADT 2005 tutorials?
Are there any products like the "Autodesk design academy" CDs available for MDT 2005?
Do you know of a different book I may be able to purchase for 2005?
Does anyone have any used MDT 2005 books they would like to give away or sell?

Thanks in adv acne for your help.

BrenBren
2006-09-14, 05:35 PM
I have moved this over to the MDT General forum; as you will most likely get a better response here than in our "fun" CWC forum.

jonathan.landeros
2006-09-14, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone.

I hope it is ok to put this in this forum but i couldn't find a buy/sell/trade section.

I have three students interested in learning MDT. We are running MDT 2005. I have found the tutorial info that shipped with the software is almost completely useless. Particularly for grade 11 students. The kids and i have spent a considerable amount of time looking for some basic, getting started, tutorials. We have contacted IDesign and other suppliers for material to no avail. The only real resource i have been able to find is the MDT 2005 tutorial book through places like Indigo. Unfortunately, one book will cost me about $80 shipped to Vancouver BC Canada. If i have to buy the books I will but money in the school system is an issue. I hope that you guys can help me out in finding some better resources for them. Here are the options as I see them.

Would anyone happen to know of a good site still posting ADT 2005 tutorials?
Are there any products like the "Autodesk design academy" CDs available for MDT 2005?
Do you know of a different book I may be able to purchase for 2005?
Does anyone have any used MDT 2005 books they would like to give away or sell?

Thanks in adv acne for your help.I don't know if you tried Amazon yet, but a quick search found a couple of books. I don't think there are too many people publishing for 2005 anymore.

Hope this helps a little.

Jonathan