PDA

View Full Version : pipe hatch - Civil 3D 2006

hunterhyde
2006-09-15, 03:04 PM
I have several pipe networks that display a hatch pattern (to outer walls) as controlled by the pipe style.

For some reason, when I simply change to a different layer as the 'current' layer, the pipe hatch takes on the properties of this new layer. I can't figure out what setting I need to change to prevent this! I just want the hatches to stay on one layer. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

hunterhyde

Wanderer
2006-09-15, 10:33 PM
I have several pipe networks that display a hatch pattern (to outer walls) as controlled by the pipe style.

For some reason, when I simply change to a different layer as the 'current' layer, the pipe hatch takes on the properties of this new layer. I can't figure out what setting I need to change to prevent this! I just want the hatches to stay on one layer. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....

hunterhydeHello Hunter, I am going to move this from the AutoCAD general forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks.

MMccall.83699
2006-09-16, 01:48 AM
I have the same issue and it's never been resolved. I'm fairly certain it's a bug in 06. This behavior will also happen in any drawing those pipes are xreffed into ... it's quite irritating. The only way I found to deal with it was to set the current layer to 0 and redraw, then the hatching will take on the properties it's supposed to.

hunterhyde
2006-09-19, 02:55 PM
OK. Thanks, MCCALL. Good to hear I'm not losing it...and its just another bug!