PDA

View Full Version : 3-run (triple) stair

krista.manna
2006-09-20, 05:43 PM
I get the following error message when trying to create stairs in the same manor as the following link.

Stairs require no more than two boundaries (chains of one or more Boundary Lines).

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45619&highlight=stairs

Any ideas as to why I keep getting this message?

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 06:25 PM
I normally recieve this message when I have overlapping stair boundary lines. double check and make sure this isn't the problem.

krista.manna
2006-09-20, 07:30 PM
There are no overlapping lines anywhere. I wish there were because then I could fix the problem.

-k-

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 07:35 PM
Well if you have all your ref planes and ref lines set up you should be able to create a new stair no sweat. I've had to blow out a few stair and completely redo them because I couldn't quite figure out what was causing the problem...

Scott D Davis
2006-09-20, 07:56 PM
please post a screen capture of your stair during edit mode so i can see the boundaries you have created.

krista.manna
2006-09-20, 08:47 PM
The stair lines shot is what I am drawing for my stair trying to do it the way suggested on the other thread earlier mentioned.

In the other shot I did what you're not supposed to do & drew the run over the top of the run underneath. In that one you can see that it made a triple stair but for some reason the bottom string will not attach to the stairs.

-k-

Scott D Davis
2006-09-20, 10:03 PM
Is that the sketch that is giving you the error you've stated?

its best to draw these types of stairs as separate stair sketches.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-20, 10:13 PM
Try deleting the extra riser you have...

aliya14
2006-09-21, 08:02 AM
For a tripple flight stair ,draw them as separate stairs, draw the 1st with the top offset level as a negative value till where you can complete the first stair with 2 flights. then for the next stair i.e the 3rd flight take the bottom offset level as to (the top height of the lower stair) the one you will start the next flight and top off as 0.

You can do taking the stair with 3 flights but it actually messes up with the railings also.
Kind regards,
Aliya

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 05:57 PM
For a tripple flight stair ,draw them as separate stairs, draw the 1st with the top offset level as a negative value till where you can complete the first stair with 2 flights. then for the next stair i.e the 3rd flight take the bottom offset level as to (the top height of the lower stair) the one you will start the next flight and top off as 0.

You can do taking the stair with 3 flights but it actually messes up with the railings also.
Kind regards,
Aliya

I've never had problems with the railings, but sometimes the 2" wood border on the outside of the risers/treads and landings goes a little bonkers :mrgreen:

michael.deorsey
2006-09-21, 06:59 PM
I've had the problem where two boundary lines and a riser line all meet at the same point that the boundary wants to join to the riser and not the other boundary line, so that it believes that it has more then two boundaries. The only solution that I've found to this is to draw the boundaries offset / away from the stair, and the move them in to the proper location. Bit of a pain but does work. I have only encountered this after upgrading to 9, not sure if that is luck or a bug.

sleimgruber06
2006-09-21, 07:21 PM
I've had the problem where two boundary lines and a riser line all meet at the same point that the boundary wants to join to the riser and not the other boundary line, so that it believes that it has more then two boundaries. The only solution that I've found to this is to draw the boundaries offset / away from the stair, and the move them in to the proper location. Bit of a pain but does work. I have only encountered this after upgrading to 9, not sure if that is luck or a bug.

Could just be a bug or user error I suppose because I too am using V9, and have encountered this error multiple times... but I like your solution, I shall try it the next time the error shows up...thanks! ;)

rdaniel
2008-05-30, 10:49 PM
UPDATE: Triple runs seem to be working in 2009 and even better stairs and other objects are appearing as hidden when they go beneath floors or other objects. Factory gets a puffy for that.:Puffy: