PDA

View Full Version : Ability to draw electrical buss duct

stelthorst
2006-09-21, 04:23 PM
Summary: I would like to add electrical buss duct to the electrical components catalog.

Description: I would like another option (like conduit or cable tray) that will draw electrical buss duct. The feature could give options for buss duct voltage, amperage etc, just like conductors but look similar to cable tray.

How used: On large commercial, residential and industrial jobs electrical buss duct is being used often. I currently use cable tray to represent electrical buss duct but since buss duct has square corners and cable tray has rounded corners I can't use cable tray fittings.

Feature Affinity: Drawing Tools

stelthorst
2006-09-22, 05:05 PM
Wow! Only one other person has voted!

Am I the only one in the country that uses buss duct?

I guess I'll stick to drawing cable tray to represent the buss duct.

dkoch
2006-09-22, 05:15 PM
Wow! Only one other person has voted!
Am I the only one in the country that uses buss duct?
I guess I'll stick to drawing cable tray to represent the buss duct.
Well, it is still early - only one day since you posted. I suppose I should not tell you that I was the other person and I do not use ABS. Your request seemed like a good idea to me.

david_peterson
2006-09-22, 05:59 PM
Hi Scott, How are things. I thought I'd throw a vote at this one as well. I don't use ABS, but I don't see why they can't add content for the next release.

cory.cameron
2006-11-16, 01:06 PM
My company is just starting to use abs on a huge job. We use buss duct on a lot of our jobs, I was very disappointed to find out that it is not an option in abs.

yeagiy
2007-05-11, 04:45 AM
I'm wanting this too. It is a very important part to electrical.

Ed Jobe
2007-05-11, 02:14 PM
I design substations and powerplants. I've always found Autodesk's support for these areas to be weak. So naturally, I voted Yes.

osvaldo.castillo
2007-06-11, 03:49 PM
We're a pretty big sized firm and do a variety or projects internationally which we need a variety of tools. Buss Duct tool should be expected in such a powerful software. I voted YES!

jraiten1
2008-04-11, 12:39 AM
This is very important for the end user applications as well as up front design and contractor costing. Revit is a construction life cycle tool not just a design.

Comach
2008-04-16, 03:37 PM
I design substations and powerplants. I've always found Autodesk's support for these areas to be weak. So naturally, I voted Yes.

I just finished putting together a 3d cad strategy for a company doing the same sort of work - used MDT, Civil 3d and Map3d.

Cut their design engineering time from an average 4 months to 5 days.

MDT was the chosen 3d product for the majority of electrical/mechanical components that coupled with a modular philosophy worked out very well. The great benefit of using a product like MDT was the flexibility to create custom profiles and properties for anything you want and also the interoperability offered by using the DWG format with the other disciplines.

I agree though that MEP products should have Bus Ducts included.

jflock
2012-04-17, 07:18 PM
No. Your not the only one. It's, well, it's just embarassing.
Have you ever been in a bim meeting when someone says 'can't you move your cable tray'
and you have to reply no that's really buss duct? I can't take it any more. Please, we need
some content called buss duct. We need it in ACAD and in REVIT. Then we need a family
that will hold up the bus duct, cable tray and conduit. I don't know, maybe call them hangers.

autosad

lcooper
2013-05-06, 06:12 PM
So another year has gone by and we STILL do not have Buss Duct...