PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Schedules

Dicastaddict1
2004-06-16, 03:13 PM
Would Augi users know where I can obtain a software program that provides an easy way to create equipment schedules, such as Light fixture schedules, Plumbing fixture schedules, Mechanical Equipment schedules in the Architectural Engineering dicilpline?
Currently we are using a program called AutoXLSTable (Cadd-AddOn Tools) what this does is converts MS Excel spreadsheets into AutoCad but does not work that efficiently. Looking for a program that will work exclusively within the AutoCad program.
thank you

Tom Dorner
2004-06-16, 03:45 PM
As a Revit user I would highly encourage you to take a look at Revit as schedules are a built-in function.

If you want to remain in the AutoCAD world, I have found that Dotsoft makes some excellent products that may help you. Check them out at www.dotsoft.com (http://www.dotsoft.com/) I bought their Toolpak back when I used AutoCAD and it is worth every penny.

AutoCAD 2005 also has tables now, but I don't know if they will do what you are looking for.

Tom

Wanderer
2004-06-16, 04:48 PM
What version of autocad are you running?

2005 has some huge improvements in importing excell spreadsheets, since they now how the means to modify them via the tables feature...

arcadia_x27
2004-06-16, 05:16 PM
Again if you want the familiarity of an AutoCAD Enviroment you could try one of the vertical programs like Architectural Desktop (ADT) or Autodesk Building systems(ABS). ADT will let you schedule just about anything and is probably great for alot of the work you do, IT generates rooml, window, door and equipment schedules Just about anything you can think of. ABS will do alot more than ADT in regards to electrical and mechanical but i think ADT would probably suit your needs better. It has the smae interface as Autocad, and all the same commands. It draws in 3D, but you cna use it just like plain old autocad as well. While Revit is a great program. Its a new software with a new interface youd have to learn, and transitioning from autocad to Revit might be more difficult then Transitioning from AutoCAd to ADT. This isnt to say that the transition from Acad to ADT is fast and easy but you may find the learning curve not as steep with Architectural Desktop. Best advice I can say is contact your reseller get demo versions of both programs and try them out. see what works best for your company and what you find eaiser to use.