PDA

View Full Version : Light schedule e-transmit problem.

charles_paquette87409
2006-10-02, 04:46 PM
Hello,

i'm having a problem when i try to etransmit a ABS 2007 drawing to the ACAD 2000 format. If i choose 2000 w/ explode aec objects, my schedule comes out fine with all the info i need but i dont want to explode my devices, just keep them as blocks. So when i choose 2000 format w/o exploded aec obejcts, i get the blocks but the schedule table comes out empty...i'm out of ideas here, can anyone help??

Thanks in advance,
Charles Paquette

david_peterson
2006-10-02, 05:12 PM
Charles,

I'm not an ABS user so I could be wrong here, but my guess is that your AEC objects (ie the schedule itself) isn't compatible with the old file format of 2000i. As another test method, make sure Acad2000i is set up to 'show proxy objects" (I believe that's usually want unreadable AEC objects try to come in as) You should also make sure that you have the lasted round of Object Enablers installed.
Option 2 would be to export with the exploded objects and just re-block them, but this is something you shouldn't have to do.

charles_paquette87409
2006-10-02, 05:33 PM
Hi David!

First off, thanks for your reply.

I went to the Autodesk website and it seems there is no Object Enablers for objects created in ABS to be seen in ACAD 2000.

What seems weird to me is that i get the schedule right if i explode the aec objects (ei the specs, tags, id's come out right as they were in ABS)...go figure!

Thanks again
Charles Paquette

david_peterson
2006-10-02, 05:42 PM
I shouldn't have remember this before. I believe that 2000 versions of Acad are now "Unsupported" ie I don't think they are going to make any more enablers for them. It would seem corrent that if you explosed the objects in the current version before it gets "saved as 2000i" that they would come looking correct. You changed the object from something smart to being just dumb linework. If you need to take it back to 2000i, I'd explode it and leave it. I don't think that you are going to have very good results trying to get your 3d data to 2000i either, unless you covert everthing to solids first. Just some more thoughts.

dkoch
2006-10-02, 09:44 PM
Hello,

i'm having a problem when i try to etransmit a ABS 2007 drawing to the ACAD 2000 format. If i choose 2000 w/ explode aec objects, my schedule comes out fine with all the info i need but i dont want to explode my devices, just keep them as blocks. So when i choose 2000 format w/o exploded aec obejcts, i get the blocks but the schedule table comes out empty...i'm out of ideas here, can anyone help??

Thanks in advance,
Charles Paquette
I only have ADT2004 here, and rarely use Etransmit, so I can not offer much in the way of step-by-step directions. I can note that when using the Export to AutoCAD 2000 function (_AecExportToAutoCAD2000) in ADT 2004, an ADT Multi-View Block is not exploded to individual lines, etc, but remains a block. I realize that Etransmit has been changed [improved] in more recent releases and that MVParts [assuming that is what your devices are, rather than Multi-View Blocks] may behave differently, but it may be worth a look at the settings you are using for Etransmit to see if there is not one that would explode AEC objects but leave things like Multi-View Blocks and MVParts as blocks, rather than primitive graphics.