PDA

View Full Version : Add visibility options to my right click menu when an object is selected

.chad
2006-10-09, 08:18 PM
in order to prevent breaking my right click (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=48259) again i have decided to ask here since you collectively know much more about the cui than i do. i would like to add visibility options to my right click menu when an object is selected - i.e. select object - right click - lock layer (or freeze or unlock etc) then go about my merry way. is this even possible? i have a feeling thats what broke it in the first place in the linked thread above.

Rico
2006-10-10, 04:03 PM
in order to prevent breaking my right click (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=48259) again i have decided to ask here since you collectively know much more about the cui than i do. i would like to add visibility options to my right click menu when an object is selected - i.e. select object - right click - lock layer (or freeze or unlock etc) then go about my merry way. is this even possible? i have a feeling thats what broke it in the first place in the linked thread above.
you have to set that up as a keyboard shortcut (or mouse shortcut) but I know it can be done.

I added a button to turn off a layer, freeze a layer, turn on all layers, lock a viewport and unlock a viewport. My screen is very custom like that.

Freezing and unfreezing layers are tools that are found in Express Tools. You can do what I've done above (cuztomize your mouse and keys) or simply activate your Express Layers Toolbar ...

.chad
2006-10-10, 04:53 PM
i got it working, although not quite like i wanted. i think to get what i want i would need to get into scripting / macros - and i know nothing about those. ill stick to breaking one piece of cad at a time.

Rico
2006-10-10, 05:17 PM
i got it working, although not quite like i wanted. i think to get what i want i would need to get into scripting / macros - and i know nothing about those. ill stick to breaking one piece of cad at a time.Mind if I ask how you did it?

.chad
2006-10-10, 06:21 PM
after breaking my right click menu completely, i made sure to back up my cui first. then made a sub-menu in a new partial cui - inserted just a seperator so it wouldnt come up with empty menu errors. copied that sub-menu to the "context menu for edit mode" and "context menu for default mode" (drag n drop) and moved it where i wanted it in the menu. then added the tools i wanted from the command list at the bottom. those are all the express tools, just copied to a menu.