PDA

View Full Version : Display problems

h.jobe
2006-10-13, 03:49 PM
Hi

Does anyone know what might make a view drawing look different from the source drawing, even when both drawings are using the same display representation?

In the original drawing the walls display correctly, but in the view drawing, the walls entirely disappear. I copied and pasted the display rep to make sure that both drawings have exactly the same rep. It's not that the walls aren't there, either, because they show up fine in other reps. All the necessary layers are all turned on. I'm having trouble figuring this out - thanks in advance for any help!

2006-10-13, 04:20 PM
The first thing that leaps to my mind (such as it is) is the cut planes, are your walls being cut below their lowest part in the view drawing. Sounds like you are doing all the right things with the display reps, I assume that the walls are Xreffed in from an Architectural file and the Xref is loaded (sometimes it is the simplest things that trip us up)?

h.jobe
2006-10-13, 04:48 PM
Perfect! I think the problem was that this is the second floor - the view drawing wasn't adjusted to the correct level. Thanks for your help!

david_peterson
2006-10-13, 06:09 PM
There is an ADT course Available in the archive section for ABS display theams that you may want to check out.

kyle.bernhardt
2006-10-13, 10:11 PM
I also made a video about display thru xrefs, check it out.

Cheers,
Kyle B

h.jobe
2006-10-13, 11:25 PM
Nicely done! Thank you!