PDA

View Full Version : Visibility of points in C3D

kmorgan.124319
2006-10-18, 03:09 PM
I have recently upgraded from Land Desktop to Civil 3D 2007 and am trying to create a grading plan that shows point numbers, elevations and descriptions. to I am able to create the points and the marker shows but can't figure out how to turn on the display for these labels.

daniel.chapek
2006-10-25, 04:30 PM
The point objects in C3d are different than the point objects in land in fact that the point marker and the point label are seperate, but related, objects. Thus, being seperate, you set seperate styles to each object. Under your settings tab, expand your points > Label Styles to see all of the label styles residing in your drawing. Once these are setup, you can assign these styles to your points by point groups. Hope this helps.

kmorgan.124319
2006-11-09, 03:24 PM
thank you for your response. Like you suggested, I did try changing the point styles in the settings tab. That's what made sense. But, what I finally figured out was that although I wasn't creating point groups, I needed to go into the prospector tab and change a setting in "point groups", "all points." thank you again for your response.