PDA

View Full Version : Problem Building Corridor

kmorgan.123906
2006-10-19, 05:58 PM
I am new to Civil 3D 2007 and keep getting the error "No target found in the scripts" when I try to set the corridor parameters. This is my first try at corridors so I am sure there is probably a simple fix. Thanks for your help.

daniel.chapek
2006-10-25, 04:18 PM
This error message simply means that there is nothing in your assemby that requires a target. You dont have any subassemblies that daylight, needed a surface target, or transition, needing alignment and profile targets. Try playing a little more with your assemblies, then build your corridor and set some targets.

kmorgan.123906
2006-10-26, 03:06 AM
Thanks for your help. Like I said I am a bit new to Civil 3D. I am wondering if my subassemblies are even creating an assembly. The reason I say this is that when I pick each subassembly, they highlight and the properties box says subassembly not assembly. I have added a grading component to my assembly so I should be able to tell it to use my design profile and grade to existing grade correct? I don't know what's going on?

daniel.chapek
2006-10-27, 04:18 AM
The assmebly object is simply the line and circle marker that shows up when you invoke the create assembly command. The sub-assemblies are individual objects that form the construction of the assembly. So if you want to edit the assembly, select the line and circle looking object, if you want to edit a sub-assembly select the sub-assembly. If you go in and edit the Assembly, under the construction tab, all your sub-assemblies will be there, not for editing but for construction of the overall assembly.

Clear as mud?

Once your assembly contains a sub-assembly the knows to look for a target (daylight, transitioning lane, etc.), you will be able to set the targets you need to.

kmorgan.123906
2006-11-02, 12:57 AM
Alright, so I bought a Civil 3D textbook to aid in figuring this problem out. I have followed the directions (essentially doing the same things I was before) and still no model of the corridor in plan view (or any other view for that matter). It seems to be builing it, but I can't see it. I have tried creating several different assembly's but I can not set any targets or codes for any of the assembly's even though they are showing up in the properties box (under the assemblies tab in the prospector). I feel like I am missing a setting somewhere (or perhaps I have a layer turned off somewhere in the styles, but I can't find it if there is). Please help, frustration is kicking in.

jpaulsen
2006-11-02, 03:45 PM
Can you post the corridor so we can take a look at it?

daniel.chapek
2006-11-02, 08:05 PM
The display of the corridor in plan view is controlled by a code set, and feature line styles. A code set is a compilation of styles that define how your points, links, and shapes of your assembly are displayed in plan view. The feature Lines control the "linework" of your corridor. Basically what used to be your point code lines from Land Desktop. In your corridor properties dialog box, take a look at the "codes" tab. You can not edit the code set from this view, but you can see what code styles are applied. On the upper portion of this tab, a drop box tells you what code set you are using. Next to the drop box is the button you can drop down to edit the code set. Go ahead and play around with editing your code set to see if your problem is simply the style being applied. Make sure the style has all components display on. Then go to your feature Lines tab. Here you can switch/edit the styles being applied to you corridors feature lines. Again, make sure your style is set to display the feature lines.

If you could post the .dwg, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

MMccall.83699
2006-11-02, 08:09 PM
just a thought .... are the sub-assemblies connect to the assembly? I did this early on. They looked like they were but I missed the connection points when I put them together. You can check this by selecting the assembly (the line w/circle thingy) and check it's properties. You should see the properties of the all the attached sub-assemblies.

HTH

kmorgan.123906
2006-11-03, 02:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for all of the replies. Attached is my drawing.

jpaulsen
2006-11-03, 07:35 PM
I think your problem is in the way your are building your assembly. When you attach sub-assemblies you have to be sure to pick the marker point. Do not hit return to make it detached.

I attached a copy of your drawing with a working assembly and corridor. Notice when you move the new assembly by picking the assembly center line the entire assembly moves together. Yours are not doing that.

Also I would recommend working in a drawing file not a template file. The attached file is saved as a drawing.

kmorgan.123906
2006-11-06, 07:17 PM
I knew that it had to be something simple. I really appreciate the help. Thanks for the heads-up on the template file. I thought that I had re-saved the drawings as a .dwg, guess not. Thanks again.

Noyan.Feran2
2007-06-04, 06:53 AM
Can you post the corridor so we can take a look at it?

Hello mate,

I got a similar problem may be.Please check the daylight of this template as it makes 2 undesired lines when it changes from cut to fill as it shown at stations (0+003.4 / 0+011.1 / 0+022.6 ………………).

Could you help me knowing the reason of the creation of these 2 lines?

Thanks and regards,

Noyan Feran

jpaulsen
2007-06-05, 03:11 PM
Noyan,

Did you intend to post a drawing to look at? If so, there is no drawing attached to your post.

dgordon.68443
2007-06-21, 05:02 PM
When you select a sub assembly by left clicking it try right clicking it and see what is available on your right click menu. If you see something that says "add to assembly" then your part is not connected to the assembly. If your part is not connected to the assembly then it will not show up in the corridor model. Notice when you do hit "add to assembly and pick the assembly that your part changes color to let you know its connected.