PDA

View Full Version : Up all night

Kroke
2003-06-17, 01:26 PM
...sleep all day... WIP.

These roofs were quite time consuming. It's 6:30am, pulled an all-nighter, but alas, I have my prelim finished just in the nick of time :wink:
http://home.bendcable.com/draftsman/WIP.jpg

Les Therrien
2003-06-17, 02:01 PM
Hey Kroke,

Looks like a lot of work!
How long would you say that tool you?

PeterJ
2003-06-17, 02:36 PM
Kroke

How much do one of these things go for?

I didn't fully understand what you said in the 'meet a reviteer' thread are you building these out as well as drawing them up? That's an impressive task if you are.

P

Kroke
2003-06-17, 05:57 PM
Hi guys. Well I had already done the ground level floor plan pretty much already. But I had to re-arrange the location of the stairway and change a few rooms a bit yesterday afternoon.

So I was geared up for a lot of work last night. I had to take my girlfriend out for dinner (her birthday) and she didn't leave till like 1am. So I stayed up till about 6:30am ish and did everything beside the bottom level floors last night.

So it took me about 8ish hours yesterday on top of about 3ish for the ground level. As you can see, the sketches always reflect differences...like the dormer windows look funny at this point. I didn't realize the roofs would come out exactly as they did, so I will probably either omit some sheds or try something a bit different so there aren't any big spaces on a dormer wall with no windows etc. But, just a prelim for the bank appraser at this point.

I'm not building these personally, but the guy I do these drawings for, he is, this is his personal home here in SunRiver, OR. He wants to use it for a model home to live in to be able to show the clients what they'll get in real life if they have us do a 'kit home' for them type of deal. I'm basically just the designer/draftsman. He's the one with all the risk and the payouts. He treats me well though. Been doing all of his projects for just over 2 years plus any side work I find the time to do is what I meant by the 'meet a reviteer' thread. Some of our projects together go nationally...and hopefully...further, we're working on a housing development project in China right now so then it will be in a whole new country. We're just waiting on a final go or no go at this point. The view posted doesn't show any of the structural logwork in it.

I'm not really sure what this perticular house will go for to be honest. We find out within the next few days of the appraisal. Typically anywhere from 800k up, turn key. Crud, I'd just like to have about an 1800 sf myself. (ex wife got my last house and it's only 2 years old) :banghead: That's why I'm renting a dinky *** room from an old high school buddy in slumville until I can get back on my feet...takes a looong time unfortunately. It's so small there's not even room for a bed in here with my desk and work stuff, lol, I sleep on my the old faithful love seat. (hence my sig) hehe.

gregcashen
2003-06-17, 07:31 PM
BTW, the image of the week has been the image of the month...maybe this is a good candidate? I mean...frickin' 8 hours, gimme a freakin' break already. If this doesn't show the power of Revit, I don't know nuthin'!

christopher.zoog51272
2003-06-18, 01:23 AM
BTW, the image of the week has been the image of the month...maybe this is a good candidate? I mean...frickin' 8 hours, gimme a freakin' break already. If this doesn't show the power of Revit, I don't know nuthin'!

You right! Congrats kroke, this is the image of week!

Looks like an awesome project. :beer:

Kroke
2003-06-18, 05:07 AM
Hey cool! Thanks for the Image Of The Week! You made my day :lol:

jbalding48677
2003-06-25, 06:34 PM
Kroke -

How about an updated image? New roofs? Rendered yet?

Kevin Janik
2003-06-25, 08:31 PM
That is great! I am here in Oregon. I work in Portland at an AE firm and we just tried out Revit on a 114 unit apartment project in Colorado. I was the Revit lead and project architect.

My family and I also visit SunRiver a few times a year.

Kevin Janik

Kroke
2003-06-26, 12:57 AM
Hi guys! Well I havn't had time to work on it since that stage...I have been too busy 'project jumping' lately.

I will get some more work on it here this next week and see if I can produce a rendering as well and I'll post it.

Hey Kevin, passing your way tomorrow on my way to Washougal, WA. Firt time back on the track since my surgery on my broken wrist last Sept. How did your apartment project go opposed to trying it with vanilla Acad or even ADT? Is the team impressed with Revit? I know I am!