PDA

View Full Version : ECDL for AutoCAD has anybody heard anything further on this?

Richard McDonald
2006-10-25, 03:25 PM
There was talk at CAD camp of steps to produce an ECDL for Autocad has anybody heard anything further on this?

Hope this is the right place to bring this up.

CADkitty ECDL or European Driving License is (from what I understand) an exam from an independent body on Microsoft products. I dont think you dont need to do a course and can enter an exam near you and be judged on a level playing field across Europe.
It would be excellent if this comes into existence to link it with the ATP courses

Richard McDonald
2006-10-26, 08:13 AM
Great found it after wading through thousands of web sites offering to teach me word or excel.

http://www.ecdl.com/products/index.jsp?b=0-102&pID=102&nID=110.

Is there anyway Augi can become involved with this? Looking at the sample test paper this seems too basic for me or a good level 1 test when there should be others above it.

I have a nasty feeling that I've just volunteered for something:lol:

Railrose
2006-10-26, 02:56 PM
Great found it after wading through thousands of web sites offering to teach me word or excel.

http://www.ecdl.com/products/index.jsp?b=0-102&pID=102&nID=110.

Is there anyway Augi can become involved with this? Looking at the sample test paper this seems too basic for me or a good level 1 test when there should be others above it.

I have a nasty feeling that I've just volunteered for something:lol:
Be careful what you ask for. :lol:

Augi Doggie
2006-10-26, 05:23 PM
Hi Richard,

This is actually not a new subject for us. There's been a lot of discussion about an AutoCAD certification program. There are a significant number of details to work out (methods of testing, levels of mastery, etc.).

Expect more information in the near future.

Speaking of volunteering, have you ever taught an ATP course?

jaberwok
2006-10-26, 10:00 PM
Richard.

You've done the C&G 4351 tests, haven't you?

Richard McDonald
2006-10-30, 09:04 AM
Richard.

You've done the C&G 4351 tests, haven't you?
No when transferring from Pafec Dogs I started at a local Tech but the standard of teaching was so low. I knew what I wanted Acad to do but he couldn't tell me how and after a bit of looking on the help pages there it was. I was more or less teaching myself so I booked into a good private place near here where the guy had 10 years + as a cad manager and knew his stuff. I learnt more in three days than in two months. It might be advantageous but in 10 years of contracting the question has never come up. I think its more word of mouth in my job but It would be nice to do a formal qualification and have a piece of paper to say I'm brilliant;)

CGM
2006-11-15, 09:00 PM
...I started at a local Tech but the standard of teaching was so low...Sorry to hear that Richard,
I did my C&G at Farnborough tech college (http://www.farn-ct.ac.uk/templates/coursessearch____155.aspx?id=155&cid=480&s=3&fd=true) back in 1990. The lecturer at the time was Ray Nicholson, who really knew what he was on about (imho) That first certificate stood me in good stead since then. My first job here on the continent (1994) was given to me on the basis of a C&G cert, as in Stuttgart they had never heard of ONC, but one look at the word "AutoCAD" on the C&G cert; 'n I was in. ~shrug~ as long as I got the job I wasn't all that worried which piece of paper got me in the door.