PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Raster Design?

hdjohnson
2006-11-10, 08:32 PM
I have a scanned site plan that the owner wants us to use. Is Raster Design a good product to use or is there a better one?

Railrose
2006-11-10, 08:57 PM
I have a scanned site plan that the owner wants us to use. Is Raster Design a good product to use or is there a better one?
It depends mostly on the use. What do you need to do to the image? Is it only 1 image you need to work with? What are you currently using for drawings?

If all you need to do is trace over it or make copies / prints, you can insert it into an AutoCAD drawing & not need anything extra. AutoCAD will scale, rotate, copy, & print. AutoCAD Lt won't handle images.

tom.56962
2006-11-15, 05:59 PM
I've used Raster Design on several projects. I have found that if I'm simply trying to modify the image it is an extremely valuable tool. I've also found the contour follow tool to be very nice for converting site plans. For anything else, plans, elevations, details, etc, it is just as easy to import the image and trace over it.

hdjohnson
2006-12-13, 05:14 PM
Thank you for your replies. I've decided the easiest thing to do was to just trace over the documents in Revit. Thanks again for your help.