PDA

View Full Version : System Variable - Fillet retains longest part of lines

tgamble
2006-11-13, 07:10 PM
Good Morning

Does anyone know what the system variable which causes the fillet comand to always retain the longest part of a line? Regardless of where you select on the line it will always retain the longest part of the line.

I do not know how I caused my version of Cad 2007 Mechanical to do this, nut i suspect it's a system variable. I have enclosed a drawing; however be warned, once you open this drawing It will alter your version of cad to cause this to happen in all dwgs. File is saved as 2006 mechanical dwg.

Any advice would be appreaciated.

BrenBren
2006-11-13, 07:11 PM
Good Morning

Does anyone know what the system variable which causes the fillet comand to always retain the longest part of a line? Regardless of where you select on the line it will always retain the longest part of the line.

I do not know how I caused my version of Cad 2007 Mechanical to do this, nut i suspect it's a system variable. I have enclosed a drawing; however be warned, once you open this drawing It will alter your version of cad to cause this to happen in all dwgs. File is saved as 2006 mechanical dwg.

Any advice would be appreaciated.

Without opening your drawing, you're not talking about the trim setting in fillet, are you?

BrenBren
2006-11-13, 07:12 PM
Without opening your drawing, you're not talking about the trim setting in fillet, are you?

Also, can you just post a screen capture of what is happening - and I'm gonna move this to the mechanical forums

tgamble
2006-11-13, 08:18 PM

Yes I am refering to the trim option on the fillet command. To summarize what is happening.

Normally the fillet command will trim the the lines to retain the portion of the line you select and add a fillet.

What Is happening now... The fillet retains the longest part of the lines selected and adds a fillet between those sections.

After running _purge the situation seems to solved itself. Could a setting inside a dynamic block have caused this?

BrenBren
2006-11-13, 08:23 PM
Yes I am refering to the trim option on the fillet command. To summarize what is happening.

Normally the fillet command will trim the the lines to retain the portion of the line you select and add a fillet.

What Is happening now... The fillet retains the longest part of the lines selected and adds a fillet between those sections.

After running _purge the situation seems to solved itself. Could a setting inside a dynamic block have caused this?

Silly question, but did you check to see if fillet was set to trim?

I don't know if a setting in a DB could have caused that, I wouldn't think so.

tgamble
2006-11-13, 08:23 PM
This _purge only works in 2006 mechanical not in 2007 mechanical. So please do not try it if you are using 2007!!!

Thanks

tgamble
2006-11-13, 08:52 PM
Silly question, but did you check to see if fillet was set to trim?

I don't know if a setting in a DB could have caused that, I wouldn't think so.

I HAVE ENCLOSED A PDF OF THE PROBLEM. IT APPEARS TO HAPPEN ONLY IN 2007 MECHANICAL, AS I OPENED THE DWG IN REG 2007 WITHOUT THE DIFFICULTY.
I AGREE THIS SHOULD BE SWITCHED TO THE MECHANICAL FORUM. THANKS FOR THE RESPONCES HERE THOUGH.

BrenBren
2006-11-13, 08:55 PM
I HAVE ENCLOSED A PDF OF THE PROBLEM. IT APPEARS TO HAPPEN ONLY IN 2007 MECHANICAL, AS I OPENED THE DWG IN REG 2007 WITHOUT THE DIFFICULTY.
I AGREE THIS SHOULD BE SWITCHED TO THE MECHANICAL FORUM. THANKS FOR THE RESPONCES HERE THOUGH.

sorry, I was really misunderstanding what you are saying. I am pretty sure there is a variable for this; let me see if I can remember it, as well as duplicate the problem in my 07..

BrenBren
2006-11-13, 08:59 PM
sorry, I was really misunderstanding what you are saying. I am pretty sure there is a variable for this; let me see if I can remember it, as well as duplicate the problem in my 07..

While I can't think of the way to fix this off hand, I can tell you that I see the correct behavior in Mech. 2007, ie, the line that I pick are the ones that fillet, and stay, not the ones that trim.