PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue Boxes

jshotwel127293
2006-11-17, 06:50 PM
Hello,

I'm very new to this program, MDT2006, and I seem to have turned something off. The standard Windows dialogue boxes for open, close, import and similar commands is no longer opening and I can only use the command prompt. Does anyone know what I've turned off?

Thanks

Ed Jobe
2006-11-17, 06:56 PM
First, they are not windows dialogs, but custom to acad. There are AutoCAD variables that control their display. FILEDIA and CMDDIA. Look them up in help to see which dialogs they control.

jshotwel127293
2006-11-17, 07:12 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it. Now I just have to figure out what I did so I don't do it again.

Ed Jobe
2006-11-17, 07:37 PM
You didn't necessarily do anything. Lisp or vba programs often use those variables. Typically, they will turn off a dialog at the beginning of their program so that a user doesn't get prompted. Then they will perform what they need to do programatically, and at the end reset the variable. Sometimes the variable doesn't get reset. For example, acad crashed before the program finished, or the program was poorly written and failed to account for error conditions.