PDA

View Full Version : Creating new plan creates architectural plan?

Steve Cashman
2006-11-17, 06:53 PM
We've linked in our architect's file and want to create electrical power plans that correspond with the architects levels and floors. When we create a new plan it defaults to an architectural plan. We then have to change the discipline and subdiscipline to "electrical" and "power".

Are we doing this right or is there a way to pick the type of MEP plan you want create as part of the process?

glen.walson
2006-11-20, 11:48 PM
Steve,
You are doing it right. But if you create more then one of the same discipline and sub-discipline you can select them all by holding down the control button and selecting all the levels that you would want to be electrical....power.

Glen Walson - Ideate Inc.

dtorres-palma
2008-01-23, 04:05 PM
I have imported my Architectual Model in Revit MEP 08.. Once I copy the view and changes the discipline to Mechanical - there is no option for subdiscipline? Is there anyone who can provide guidance - please do.

jvedio
2008-01-23, 07:15 PM
You can define the sub-disciplines yourself. They don't have any bearing on the way views appear.

kyle.bernhardt
2008-01-23, 07:28 PM
We've linked in our architect's file and want to create electrical power plans that correspond with the architects levels and floors. When we create a new plan it defaults to an architectural plan. We then have to change the discipline and subdiscipline to "electrical" and "power".

Are we doing this right or is there a way to pick the type of MEP plan you want create as part of the process?

You shouldn't be manually defining much of anything on a new view, you should just be applying a pre-defined View Template that contains your desired settings. I'd be willing to guess that you'll want to have some View Filters active as well as some selective visibility of other MEP elements. I'd hate to see you doing that over and over on each view.

View Templates allow you to do it once and then apply it to many views at once. I've blogged about View Filters and View Templates (http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/shiny-objects.html) previously, that's a good place to start. Additionally, I posted my Urban House - MEP (http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/01/worth-1000000-w.html) model on my blog as an example. It has a bunch of View Templates that control a lot of different Visibility settings for different View types.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Kyle B

kyle.bernhardt
2008-01-23, 09:04 PM
I have imported my Architectual Model in Revit MEP 08.. Once I copy the view and changes the discipline to Mechanical - there is no option for subdiscipline? Is there anyone who can provide guidance - please do.

Sub-Discipline is actually a Project Parameter, not a Hard-Coded Param like Discipline. If it's not there, you just need to:

Add it to you project (see attached image for proper settings).

Set up your Project Browser to display Sub-Discipline (see attached image).

Then you're good to go.

Cheers,
Kyle B

HITESH
2018-08-06, 11:18 AM
Sub-Discipline is actually a Project Parameter, not a Hard-Coded Param like Discipline. If it's not there, you just need to:

Add it to you project (see attached image for proper settings).

Set up your Project Browser to display Sub-Discipline (see attached image).

Then you're good to go.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Thanks Buddy