PDA

View Full Version : flattening 3d doors

jphelps.127961
2006-11-28, 02:08 PM
I'm looking for a quick easy way to flatten a whole bunch of 3d doors in plans so that they still read a doors with swings and still maintain the break in the wall (which has already been lowered to 1" tall. I just want the doors to read as flat in an isometric view of the plan. When I try to flatten them all at once I get very unpredictable results. Even doing one at a time I lose the break in the wall and have to manually break the wall and snap it back to each jamb. This is way too time consuming for the amount of doors I have to do in the amount of time I have. Thanks for any ideas.

Steve_Bennett
2006-11-28, 05:39 PM
Depending on what you are trying to do you could try the command AECOBJEXPLODE but you need to select the wall and door when using that.

dkoch
2006-12-04, 12:54 AM
I'm looking for a quick easy way to flatten a whole bunch of 3d doors in plans so that they still read a doors with swings and still maintain the break in the wall (which has already been lowered to 1" tall. I just want the doors to read as flat in an isometric view of the plan. When I try to flatten them all at once I get very unpredictable results. Even doing one at a time I lose the break in the wall and have to manually break the wall and snap it back to each jamb. This is way too time consuming for the amount of doors I have to do in the amount of time I have. Thanks for any ideas.
If your goal is to have a plan-type view of walls and doors, you might be better served setting up a Display Representation Set that uses the Plan Display Representation for walls and doors [and anything else you want "flat"] while continuing to display any other objects in 3D [if there are any], and then assign that to the "default" view direction in a Display Configuration. That would save you the bother of adjusting wall heights and exploding doors.