PDA

View Full Version : Open Multiple Drawings Causes Macro Error Message

svanderputten
2006-12-07, 06:05 PM
Hi. I have run into a problem where upon opening two or more drawings simultaneoulsy, ACAD asks for a "Macro Name" to be specified. This option can not be canceled and ACAD must be closed via good ole "Ctrl, Alt, Del". This seems to be a ACAD Mechanical '07 issue. We run a few copies in our environment and not everyone has encountered this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike.Perry
2006-12-08, 04:21 AM
<SNIP>

This seems to be a ACAD Mechanical '07 issue.

<SNIP>Hi "svanderputten"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Kevin Janik
2007-10-22, 07:49 PM
We are having this problem also. Is there a resolution to it?

Kevin

Jim.Brinkmeyer
2007-10-22, 09:08 PM
Actually this isn't just a mechanical problem it is previlant in generic AutoCAD and MAP3D 2007 as well and it will cancel but needs a Ctrl + C (oldstyle Break) to get out of the VBA loop. AutoCAD will (then) interpret that as a copy-clip and flip an error before retiurning to9 the command prompt.

Also it is exclusively tied to attempting to open multiple drawings at the same time.

Kevin Janik
2007-10-26, 10:50 PM
Doesn't anyone else have this problem? We have been able to open multiple drawings at once in all other previous versions of AutoCAD without a problem.

Out CAD Manager was told by our VAR and indirectly from AutoDesk that we should not do this, instead just open one drawing at a time.

Does this happen in AutoCad 2008 also?

There has to be a fix and someone must know something! Is this improvement on a product or what?

Kevin

BrenBren
2007-10-29, 01:15 PM
Doesn't anyone else have this problem? We have been able to open multiple drawings at once in all other previous versions of AutoCAD without a problem.

Out CAD Manager was told by our VAR and indirectly from AutoDesk that we should not do this, instead just open one drawing at a time.

Does this happen in AutoCad 2008 also?

There has to be a fix and someone must know something! Is this improvement on a product or what?

Kevin

I do not have this problem; I am able to open multiple drawings in AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 without any problem at all.