PDA

View Full Version : ABS 2007.1 Performance Issues?

stelthorst
2006-12-11, 04:43 PM
Hey All,

Is anybody noticing any performance issues with ABS2007.1?

I have 2007.1 loaded on my machine (3.4 Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, Matrox Parhelia PCI graphics card) and haven't noticed any performance issues, in fact, 2007.1 cured some of the issues I had with 2007.

However, I just loaded 2007.1 on one of my designers machines (3.4 Ghz Dual Core, 3 Gig RAM, Matrox Parhelia PCI graphics card) and he swears it runs alot slower than 2007 and that he is crashing on a regular basis.

I called our Las Vegas office and they said they have unloaded 2007.1 from their machines because of problems crashing, slow performance, etc.

I guess I'm wondering if other people are having issues or if it's something in the way we have things configured on our machines that is causing the problems/issues.

H-Angus
2006-12-11, 05:00 PM
I'm running ADT2007.1 and haven't noticed any loss in performance. 3.2p4, 2gb Ram.

ameador
2006-12-12, 03:25 PM
We have loaded ABS2007.1 on a test machine. We are in the process of testing it out to see if there will be any issues, so we are not using it in production yet. I have tested out some things for the HVAC side and haven't seen any major issues. However, our Plumbing guy has been testing out some of his MvParts that work and show up correctly in ABS2007, and the shading in them when inserted/used in ABS2007.1 is showing up incorrectly. Not really sure what is going on with that yet.

We are going in stages so we're not using any where near all the features yet, but that's the one thing I know we have run across. Has anyone else had that issue?

ordengate
2007-01-10, 08:45 PM
Runs like complete poo on my machine. Dual Intel processors, 3GB of RAM.

The saving takes forever compared to 2007, and it loves to give me fatal errors.

Sadly, my laptop is ancient compared to the machine I'm running on now and it runs it just as good with fewer crashes.

It's an AMD 64 3000+, 1GB RAM.

It still takes 30+ seconds to save any file though.

david_peterson
2007-01-10, 10:30 PM
Hey All,

Is anybody noticing any performance issues with ABS2007.1?

I have 2007.1 loaded on my machine (3.4 Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, Matrox Parhelia PCI graphics card) and haven't noticed any performance issues, in fact, 2007.1 cured some of the issues I had with 2007.

However, I just loaded 2007.1 on one of my designers machines (3.4 Ghz Dual Core, 3 Gig RAM, Matrox Parhelia PCI graphics card) and he swears it runs alot slower than 2007 and that he is crashing on a regular basis.

I called our Las Vegas office and they said they have unloaded 2007.1 from their machines because of problems crashing, slow performance, etc.

I guess I'm wondering if other people are having issues or if it's something in the way we have things configured on our machines that is causing the problems/issues.Hi Scott, sorry to hear you running slow.
Here's a few things you may want to think about.
1. Microsoft only supports up to 2 gigs of Ram. 3 with a switch. I'm not sure if we've set something up wrong when we did this, but the switch seems to make XP unstable.
2. Most adesk products don't/can't take advantage of Dual Processors. Dual Core Processors on the other hand do work wonders.
I don't have ABS so I'm not sure how much more of a hog it is compaired to something like ADT or Revit. I know with RS loaded on my workstation, (3.2 P4 2.5 GB of Ram with Switch) it ran very slow. We spent some $ on a text workstation that has a Dual Core processor with only 2 GB of Ram (My IT guy said it was the DDR Ram). When I worked on the same project file with that workstation vs my other, the dual core cut wait times by about 2/3. ie what took about 6.5min to complete on the 3.2 P4 only took about 2min on the dual core.

jesse.urquidi
2007-04-20, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone

well I have problem initially starting up. I have a project with a 7MB central plant project. however overall speed is pretty good

david_peterson
2007-04-23, 01:58 PM
I'd start by check all the support file paths. Make sure they are correct. Next I'd try to purge layer filters, and reg apps (save a copy before you do this just incase). This should help to reduce file size and help start speed.