PDA

View Full Version : ADT 3.0 - Zooming in Viewport

emaydesign59859
2004-06-28, 04:58 PM
I have come across a possible glitch in ADT 3.0. In a layout tab, viewing in paper space, if a command is open (especially move or copy) and the mouse cursor point is within the lines of a LOCKED viewport, when I use the mouse or keyboard scroll wheel to zoom, the scale of the viewport (still locked) changes. Happens everytime! I have to unlock the viewport, change the scale back and reposition the drawing, then relock the viewport. To get around this problem I have to make sure my mouse cursor is over a blank spot, not a viewport. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone know how to fix/avoid it all together?

richard.binning
2004-06-28, 10:00 PM
Zounds like you have two viewports, one on top of another.

emaydesign59859
2004-06-29, 12:07 PM
Zounds like you have two viewports, one on top of another.

Nope, don't have overlapping viewports. But I think we have narrowed it down to that specific drawing file being the only one that messes up.

art.castro
2005-03-16, 07:16 AM
Good day,

It seems this zooming problem is present in all Autocad, even in ADT, I have encountered the same problem inAutocad 2004 & 2005, wondering if they have fixed the problem in 2006. Even if you've locked the viewport the zoom scale still moves when you'r using a wheel mouse. I guess Autodesk doesn't want us to use whell mouse's to make the zooming more convenient. What do you think?

richard.binning
2005-03-16, 02:16 PM
Good day,

It seems this zooming problem is present in all Autocad, even in ADT, I have encountered the same problem inAutocad 2004 & 2005, wondering if they have fixed the problem in 2006. Even if you've locked the viewport the zoom scale still moves when you'r using a wheel mouse. I guess Autodesk doesn't want us to use whell mouse's to make the zooming more convenient. What do you think?
I just checked in ADT3.3(2002), ADT2004, ADT2005, and in Acad2006. I cannot duplicate what you are reporting. Every version I checked worked as it should. None of the viewports had their scales altered by zooming using the wheel mouse.

Try this. In one of your drawings, while in paperspace with no viewports active, perform a crossing selection on your viewport and verify that you have only a single viewport. Make sure that all your layers are on, thawed, and unlocked. I still think you have a viewport on top of a viewport.

RLB

StephenJ
2006-01-17, 09:20 PM
I did a search on "scroll, zoom and scale" and this is the only relevant thread I could find. I know this thread was last responded to about a year ago but, since I started locking viewports in the past 6 months I have noticed the same situation.

Occasionally when zooming in paperspace with the scroll wheel, my locked vport scale will change. I have noticed it happens when I am scrolling quickly. I have not paid attention to what commands are active during the error. I will pay closer attention to what is being done when the error occurs. I do know that there aren't 2 vports on top of each other. The problem is that it is not a common occurrence so troubleshooting the problem isn't that easy. I could go 3 months without a problem and then there it is.

???

david_peterson
2006-01-17, 10:17 PM
This has been an ongoing problem with ADT since I started in 3.0. If it really bugs you that much, there is a work around. From the layout tab switch to model space and set the view to 2d wire frame. Exit Model space. In paper space, select the view port, go to the properites window and set the shading to Hidden (or what ever is required). This usually corrects the problem. Autodesk at one point a long time ago released an artical reguarding the problem and suggested a different graphics driver. But that was a long time ago so I'm sure what comes OOTB should be correct. Hope this helps.

lzzydog
2006-01-26, 07:17 PM
If I understand you problem (I just scanned the first few lines,) it might be that you haven't set the viewport "DISPLAY LOCK." To do so highlight your viewport and do a right-click, click on "DISPLAY LOCKED" and check yes, this should take care of that problem. Try it and let me know if that solved the problem.