PDA

View Full Version : Default Tool Palette Deleted

bbambu
2006-12-27, 06:21 PM
My coworker's default tool palette has been reset. The plumbing, piping, HVAC, electrical, and architectural are all bunched together. She can't just go to HVAC and as a result it makes it difficult to navigate from tool to tool.
Whereas my previous post regarding the drawing status toggle was simple, this one proves to be more challenging.
Right clicking on the tool palette, there is no option for subcategories, only the "all palettes" option appears. When opening the customization folder none of the subcategories are listed. I went to Format/Options/Files and checked Tool Palettes File Locations and they were the same as mine. There was an extra location that had a bunch of odd letters and numbers, wondering if it might've been a virus or something. Anyways, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

david_peterson
2006-12-27, 06:42 PM
Do you have multiple version of Acad/ADT/ABS installed? Are you running tool pallets off a network or local?

bbambu
2006-12-27, 06:49 PM
Yea, we may need to delete ABS2006, however as far as I can tell it hasn't interfered with my computer. And we are running tool palettes local.

david_peterson
2006-12-27, 07:30 PM
If you are running local, you be running into a few issues. Here's a few things I'm thinking of. The "custom" "Default" tool pallet may have been saved to a different location. My other guess is that ABS no longer see the tool pallet Group that was created before and now sounds like it no longer exists. I'm not sure what may have caused this. I usually blame myself and say user error, but who knows. If you only see "all pallets" try re-creating the tool pallet group. Just a thought.

bbambu
2006-12-27, 07:50 PM
We were hoping it wouldn't come to that. (recreating each palette)

david_peterson
2006-12-27, 08:57 PM
I think if you have them set up on one workstation you should be able to basically export them to the network and copy them on to the local of the problem workstation. I haven't done this yet either, but I believe there's nice ATP course available tool pallets and how to get them from one place to another.

dkoch
2006-12-28, 01:44 AM
We were hoping it wouldn't come to that. (recreating each palette)
If you can see all of the palettes you need in the All Palettes group, you do not need to recreate the tool palettes themselves, just the tool palette groups, then assign the various palettes to the appropriate groups. The groups "might" still be there, but somehow lost the palette assignments. A group that has no assigned palettes will not show up as a choice when right-clicking the tool palette "spine".

Were the original tool palette groups part of the out-of-the-box installation, or were they created by the user? If the latter, were they created while an ABS Project [Project Navigator project] was active? If so, is a different project now active? Any changes you make to the tool palettes that you want to be available at all times should be made with no current active project; otherwise, the changes are saved as part of that project and will be lost when changing to another project.