PDA

View Full Version : Configure 3D Faces and Solids within AutoCAD for optimum performance

orlando_dready
2006-12-28, 10:14 AM
hello everyone,

Sometimes when importing dwgs into 3d studio max 7 the models look very cool but after some improving renderings the faces of 3d objects apear strange, with dark areas and not rendering some textures very well . .
I thought it was the scale (size of the model) and rescaling it in max resolved my issue a couple of times.

Then i a "friend" told me the problem was that i needed to configure autocad before making the model so that the faces and solids where optimized but my "friend" didnt told me where to change and what to change. nice frind uhh.

well does someone knows what he was talking about ? or and better way of improving solids so they dont give problems in max ?

thx in advanced and sorry for my bad bad english.

jaberwok
2006-12-28, 12:49 PM
The dark areas will be because of faces that are facing the wrong way. For example, 3dfaces can act somewhat like a one-way mirror and a 3dface that has been mirrored now faces toward the inside of the model. They can be flipped or (easier) specify that you materials are double-sided.

HTH

orlando_dready
2006-12-28, 08:07 PM
jaberwok, ok

If i do an flip normals that will also do the trick but i will have an extra extra work.
So the better solution is like you refer to do an double sided texture. ok i will give it a try right away. cya in 10 min +-
:)