PDA

View Full Version : slab creating

jiayi.zhou
2004-06-29, 08:39 PM
How to create concrete slabe and beams?

nbeach
2004-07-02, 02:41 AM
Well the way I would do it, and there might be a better way, is I would get my slab and beam dimensions, and then draw a 2-d top view of the slab and a side view of the beam (looking down the the skinny part beam, pardon the lack of technical terms) of each with polylines. After drawn, I would use the extrude command to extrude each out the desired height (for slab) or length (for beam). Then I would save each as a block that could be entered into any drawing.

There probably is a better way, but this will work.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

jiayi.zhou
2004-07-06, 03:44 PM
Thanks, nbeach. I created the slab structure by similar way. This is the tradition AutoCAD way, is there some ADT or Building System ways to created them with smart objects?

By the way, how is the Building System work on structural? I read an introduction on the new release said it is not only for MEP but also for structure.

arcadia_x27
2004-07-06, 04:42 PM
After extrduing your slabs and beams you could convert them to 3d solids and then into mass elements. They would be more functional that way. You could also use the AEC slab object in ADT but this may or may not be useful to you depending on on what your needs are for drawing a slab.