PDA

View Full Version : Organizing and storing a sheet set "template"

james.126519
2007-01-03, 07:05 PM
I am new to using sheet sets and trying to get everything set up so when i start drawing a new project all i have to do is open an existing, blank sheet set with one sheet in it, my title block with all the fields done and all of my typical blocks already inserted, as well as layers, etc. my problem is for some reason when i use an existing sheet set to start a new project, my fields wont update in my title block? im not really sure what im doing wrong. can anyone provide some help?

Opie
2007-01-03, 07:15 PM
Are you linking to a specific Sheet Set or are you using the "SheetSetPlaceholder" fields? It sounds like you are selecting a specific Sheet Set. Doing this will link your fields to that specific Sheet Set.

james.126519
2007-01-03, 07:22 PM
Are you linking to a specific Sheet Set or are you using the "SheetSetPlaceholder" fields? It sounds like you are selecting a specific Sheet Set. Doing this will link your fields to that specific Sheet Set.

So if i use the placeholder field, i have to manually type in the custom properties correct?

Chris.N
2007-01-03, 07:51 PM
So if i use the placeholder field, i have to manually type in the custom properties correct?Rich, wouldn't that wonderfull link to that archived ATP be fitting here? for SSM setup?

Opie
2007-01-03, 08:30 PM
Rich, wouldn't that wonderfull link to that archived ATP be fitting here? for SSM setup?
Sorry, I didn't get to the ATP Archive, but here is a good post on the subject of SSM Templates.

I think we need to send you to a forum ATP course on linking.

james.126519
2007-01-04, 06:57 PM
I think I have it figured out now. thanks for all of your help.

now, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong that I can not get my 'viewportscale' field to work in a callout block? there must be some trick to inserting the block so that it knows which viewport to associate with right?

Chris.N
2007-01-29, 05:30 PM
I think I have it figured out now. thanks for all of your help.

now, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong that I can not get my 'viewportscale' field to work in a callout block? there must be some trick to inserting the block so that it knows which viewport to associate with right?it has to be (or should be) the block associated with the SSM 'Label Block for Views', and will do it automatically. it's a pain to associate fields after the fact in SSM

kkinchen
2007-02-14, 09:30 PM
it's a pain to associate fields after the fact in SSM

You mean it's possible to associated after the fact? I'd like to know how that's done.