PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 - Unknown command "CUI"

svanderputten
2007-01-09, 12:36 AM
CUI typed into the command line returns the error, "Unknown Command "CUI", F1 For Help".

I am currently trying to create an install package to help our IT department with ease of installation of AutoCAD Mechanical 2007.

I created a install package through the Deployment Wizard and upon installation on our test computer, AutoCAD Mechanical failed to recognize the "CUI" command.

During creation of this installation package, a profile, custom CUI, and custom shortcut were created and added. In the profile search paths, a path was designated to point to the location of the newly created custom CUI. Upon installation the CUI and profile loaded successfully.

But, when it came to make some additional changes to the CUI, AutoCAD Mechanical could not recognize the command.

WHY ? ?

When the profiles and CUI's were loaded in AutoCAD Vanilla this problem did NOT arise.

Is this another one of AutoCAD Mechanical's glorious hidden features?

I'm scratching my head here, any help would be great.

Furthermore, when appending a partial CUI file to the Enterprise CUI File, what happens when a user makes changes to the Main CUI File. Are these changes carried over to the Main CUI File or are they stored in the Custom CUI.

It seems that there is a lack of documentation on a feature that AutoCAD claims adds clarity to the customization process. I could understand that this CUI system could work well if more care had possibly been taken in the developmental period.

Or, maybe they just haven't tried it yet.

Mike.Perry
2007-01-09, 09:58 AM
Hi

Take a look at the information given in this post [ RE: RText ], but apply "acmgdinternal.dll" for your particular situation.

Have a good one, Mike

svanderputten
2007-01-15, 04:57 PM
By applying the .dll do you mean - copy and paste the original .dll from the autoCAD disks to my local machine ?

If this is the case I'd rather not have to repeat this process across our companies CAD system. Could get a little too tedious. Any other ideas?

Mike.Perry
2007-01-16, 05:01 AM
By applying the .dll do you mean - copy and paste the original .dll from the autoCAD disks to my local machine ?

If this is the case I'd rather not have to repeat this process across our companies CAD system. Could get a little too tedious. Any other ideas?Hi

Nope! I mean...

Options -> Open and Save tab -> Demand Load ObjectARX Apps drop down box (bottom right) -> Is it set to Command Invoke OR Object Detect and Command Invoke? If no, try setting to either one of them.

OR

Add "acmgdinternal.dll" to the Startup Suite (APPLOAD), but! I see DLL's can not be added to the Startup Suite.

Type the following at the Command Line...

Command: (findfile "acmgdinternal.dll")What is returned?

Have a good one, Mike