PDA

View Full Version : Place text around an arc / curve

david-burge
2007-01-09, 07:51 AM
This is my first post on any cad forum so here goes, I have from time to time wondered how or if it is possible to produce text that follows a curve or goes around a circle e.g. like the writing on a car tyres side wall.

mmccarter
2007-01-09, 08:54 AM
Although I only ever use this maybe once a year, it does look very nice and profesional.

Try the command "arctext". Hope this helps :)

ronie_ernanto
2007-01-09, 01:19 PM
I already have this answer (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=52989)

david-burge
2007-01-09, 10:29 PM
thanks guys for quick and decisive replays, knew it couldn't be to hard to achieve. i will be reading the form regularly now i know it exists. Once again a big thanks to all who replayed.

david-burge
2007-01-10, 11:19 PM
OK I am feeling like a goose now as I thanked everyone a little prematurely yesterday although I think the advice regarding “arcline” will work I have other issues to deal with first. Express tools Vol’s 1-9, I believe they are part of the standard installation of AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 but I can’t seam to be able to locate them. I have tried typing “expresstools” on the command line, so I guess my first question is how do I check if they are loaded and secondly can they be loaded retrospectively from the original instillation discs.

Mike.Perry
2007-01-11, 09:14 AM
<SNIP>

Express tools Vol’s 1-9, I believe they are part of the standard installation of AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 but I can’t seam to be able to locate them. I have tried typing “expresstools” on the command line, so I guess my first question is how do I check if they are loaded and secondly can they be loaded retrospectively from the original instillation discs.Hi "david-burge"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Mike.Perry
2007-01-11, 09:20 AM
<SNIP>

I have tried typing “expresstools” on the command line, so I guess my first question is how do I check if they are loaded and secondly can they be loaded retrospectively from the original instillation discs.Hi

To check if Express Tools are loaded...

Windows Start button -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs...

OR

C:\Program Files\AutodeskProductNameHere\Express

OR

Yes, Express Tools can be loaded retrospectively from the original instillation disc's.

Have a good one, Mike

rkmcswain
2007-01-11, 01:39 PM
This is my first post on any cad forum so here goes, I have from time to time wondered how or if it is possible to produce text that follows a curve or goes around a circle e.g. like the writing on a car tyres side wall.

In addition the to the Express Tools "arctext", if you need the ability to write text along an complex curve (such as a SPLINE, ELLIPSE, POLYLINE, etc.), then take a look at the "Text Along Object" tool in ToolPac (http://www.dotsoft.com/toolpac.htm)

david-burge
2007-01-12, 12:17 AM
Thanks for advising me how to firstly check and then install express tools, this time I got it up and running before coming back to the forum. It has all loaded smoothly and has enabled me to put text around a steering wheel, it also has given me some other good tools to use some I new of some I didn’t. I also checked out “toolpac” (thanks R. K. McSwain) again lots of cool tools now I just need to convince the boss we need it!