PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Dynamic Stairs

Chris.N
2005-11-14, 07:03 PM
Hello again,
Per Mark's great idea of grouping blocks into a file, I want to share 3 stair blocks I have created.

All handrails are included and extend per ADA standards.

straight run
90 degree turn
metal pan winders (for stair tower)
I hope whoever downloads these can find good use for them.... and any feedback would be GREAT!

Thanks!
Chris

Rico
2005-11-14, 07:37 PM
Hello again,
Per Mark's great idea of grouping blocks into a file, I want to share 3 stair blocks I have created.

straight run
90 degree turn
I hope whoever downloads these can find good use for them.... and any feedback would be GREAT!

Thanks!
Chris Sweet. So SO sweet.

I'll be using these for sure ASAP.

Nice job. I'll provide more feedback once I get a chance to sit down with them and work some things out.

Rico
2005-11-17, 09:58 PM
Hello again,

straight run
90 degree turn

Thanks!
ChrisGreat Idea BTW.

do you have a dynamic block that also creates a section of the stairs as well as the plan of it? Or is that running into LISP routines as well? ;)

Chris.N
2005-11-17, 10:57 PM
Great Idea BTW.

do you have a dynamic block that also creates a section of the stairs as well as the plan of it? Or is that running into LISP routines as well? ;)Thank you. As for the sections, I haven't figured those out yet... don't know if I can (figure out how to) combine a polar array with a variable stretch (tread ht)., and still have something left over for the handrail.

only thing I can think of is doing a single step, array, and have the riser be stretchy... now that I think of it, it's probably a good start right there!

Rico
2005-11-18, 03:53 PM
Thank you. As for the sections, I haven't figured those out yet... don't know if I can (figure out how to) combine a polar array with a variable stretch (tread ht)., and still have something left over for the handrail.

only thing I can think of is doing a single step, array, and have the riser be stretchy... now that I think of it, it's probably a good start right there!yeah, it IS a good idea. I've tried playing with that idea for the last couple of days, but the sheer mechanics of making it work was making my ears bleed. ;) so I figured I'd get some other smart, like-minded people to pound out some thoughts. I'll try it your way, and maybe you can let me know when you come up with something.

Chris.N
2005-11-23, 02:37 PM
Hey max, how's the stair tread idea working?

Rico
2005-11-23, 08:06 PM
Hey max, how's the stair tread idea working?It's not really.

I tried to do it with DB's and was unable to reproduce a customizable stair DB.

I asked around the forums here for some tips and was told that to do that I'd require a LISP routine. It's because of the variation in riser heights. I imagine it might be possible through a DB ..... but I think it'd be incredibly difficult to do. You wanna take a crack at it and see if you can do it?

sovby254640
2013-09-12, 08:38 PM
Hi. I just downloaded your block. It is very helpful. I was looking for something like this. It would be really cool to have this with a break line. Perhaps I can use the block & do a wipeout or something. Also would be cool to have a visibility sate where you would have no handrails or one hand rail on left or right side
Hello again,

straight run
90 degree turn

Thanks!
Chris

amosweing678550
2015-08-25, 06:38 AM
my stairs :)

bondprajwal007716734
2015-12-19, 04:59 AM
Guys i just entered here and i find really good place and thanks for these tresurable dynamic block diagrams....