PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Questions

hinschberger
2007-01-10, 04:39 PM
Hi. I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2005. I work for for a consulting company in Ontario Canada. I am an AutoCAD Designer.

I prepare single line diagrams, MCC Layout drawings and Lighting Panels for the engineers here.

Is there any way to use AutoCAD Electrical functionality to link the single line diagram to the lighting panel?

Also is there any way to use AutoCAD Electrical functionality to link the single line diagram to the MCC Layout?

Please take a look at the drawings I am attaching as AutoCAD dwg files.

Please give your opinion on what can be done and what can't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RenataP
2007-01-10, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard to the forum.

I will take a look at the drawings you provided. It may take me a couple of lunch hours to filter through and get an understanding of what you would like to do.

With ACE (AutoCAD Electrical) all blocks are interlinked with attributes. It might just be a trick in seeing what to link.

hinschberger
2007-01-10, 06:04 PM
Thanks RenataP.

No Rush though.

RenataP
2007-02-09, 05:32 PM
Sorry for not getting back with you sooner.
I have not been able to make the links work.

We might have to bring in some outside help from the professionals.
If you still need answers, I suggest asking in the Autodesk Manufacturing Discussion (http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/discussions/) group under Electrical. They have the Autodesk users like Nate Holt to help.

Sorry.

hinschberger
2007-02-13, 01:45 PM
Hi RenataP,

Thank you for trying.

I will try the Autodesk Manufacturing Discussion Group under Electrical.

I will contact Nate Holt.

Sincerely,
hinschberger

RenataP
2007-02-13, 11:44 PM
When you get an answer, try to remember to post it back here.
I try to read up on the Autodesk Manufacturing Discussion Group under Electrical, yet there is so much there. It seems that the site has four or more questions a day! Or at least that much interaction.
Nate Holt is great and a very helpful person.

RenataP
2007-02-27, 11:06 PM
Hi hinschberger,
Just wanted to make sure you noticed Nate Holt's blog with the helpful steps for linking the parent and child.
Where you able to get all the help you needed?
I am hoping to integrate this information into linking electrical drawings with pneumatic drawings. It was my intention to help, but just needed more time and programing information. Nate did a wonderful job in his explanation.
Here is a link to that blog entitled 1-line Diagrams and linked MCC layouts (http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/7/blogpost/15398/).
Thanks for asking this question.