PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Question Box

cadop
2004-06-30, 07:53 PM
I sometimes receive the follwing question when attempting to plot:

"Some viewports do not fit the right zoom conditions. Do you you want to update them before plotting?"

This is very frustrating. I do not know what I did to generate the question in order to undo it. And simply undoing the last sseveral commands does nothing to prevent it from happening again.

Please advise?

Thanks

mprendergast.184805
2008-06-05, 11:41 AM
I've run into the same warning, I know it happens when I've used the Properties dialog box to rescale a viewport. Does anyone know what to do with this? If I answer the "yes" to "Do you want to update them before plotting?" The rescaled viewport doesn't plot correctly. Answering "no" at least lets me plot, but doesn't resolve the issue. The warning comes back every time I try to plot the drawing.

mprendergast.184805
2008-06-05, 07:11 PM
I doubt that this is the best way around this warning box, but it seems to have something to do with how you establish your viewport in paper space. I had a border set up with a viewport on layer Vport. It was appearently scaled at 1:1, if I changed the scale in paper space and tried to plot, I got the warning. So I erased the original viewport and made a new viewport through View Menu>viewport>new viewports..>single and the default <fit>.
When I reset the scale in paper space and went to print I did not get the warning and the drawing plotted as expected. I'm going to keep working on this to see what other options are available.
Hope this helps somebody.

curtisspcrescue795521
2021-04-19, 08:21 PM
Here is the quick fix,

Simply double click your viewport to bring up the VIEW dialogue,
then make sure that your scale matches your viewport scale.

This was caused by the VIEW not matching the MVIEW scale.

J.C.:)