PDA

View Full Version : SHARING USER FILES

gsanchez23
2007-01-16, 10:37 PM
I have 2 stand alone licenses and want to share the user defined catalog entries, components and circuits with both machines, what files do I put in a shared location and what do I modify on the .env file.

any help is appreciated.

RenataP
2007-01-22, 08:25 PM
We use network licenses here. Yet it would seem that if you add your paths and move your data files to a server, it should work.
Here are the file that are on our server:

Copy the whole AeData folder, then make the needed changes to the catalog databases for your company. This is also where the wd.env file is located. To my knowledge, we have not modified the wd.env file.

catalogs
DAT FILES
Libs
Plc
Proj - just has demo; we try to keep all project files with the drawings
wd.env
default.wdw

note: not sure if the last two originated in this folder or were moved there some time ago.

Copy the schematic components that your company uses. We started out with jic125 then changed all the symbols scale and attribute text height., it now reads BIGjic125 to distinguish from original
Copy the panel folder.
Trick is to locate all the correct path information in the project and under your options. See example of how ours is set up, jpeg below.

Also, when you start a project with one of the schematic drawings open, to check that you are using the correct catalog information and components, when adding a component, the top of the dialog box will read your path. The path location is also inside your project under the properties. These need to be correct. Another place to check in under the project current settings(right click on the project and select the Settings...).
There is a ATP172 FastTrack (http://www.augi.com/education/schedule.asp?page=292) on coping projects that might be of interest. You might need to down load it this week if it is still available before it goes into archives.