PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the background color on a rendered image?

jeff.garr
2007-01-26, 03:34 PM
How do you change the background color on a rendered image. It is black and when I print it out and wasting a lot of ink....

H-Angus
2007-01-26, 03:47 PM
How do you change the background color on a rendered image. It is black and when I print it out and wasting a lot of ink....

Can you just temporarily change it to white? Through options, display then click colour in the top left.

jeff.garr
2007-01-26, 03:53 PM
2007 has a lot more options when I do this, however I did change the basic backgrounds for each of the different types to white with no luck so far... maybe something is wrong with the file? Do I need to have custom views to modify this??

Mike.Perry
2007-01-27, 01:16 PM
Hi

Does the below achieve what you are after...

ID: TS1059866 - Changing render background color in AutoCAD 2007 (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7852267&linkID=2475323)

Have a good one, Mike

ronie_ernanto
2007-01-28, 05:18 PM
Not only solid white color, but you also can change the background to other image eg sky for rendering a house. This is the way : change the background type from solid to image, then browse to your own image.

jaberwok
2007-01-28, 07:17 PM
According to the link in MIke's post (above) it is different in A2007.

ronie_ernanto
2007-01-29, 11:28 AM
According to the link in MIke's post (above) it is different in A2007.

It's slightly different, but the complete way maybe is here :

1. Go to View Pull Down Menu then choose Named Views....,this will open View Manager dialog box.
2. Choose the view that you want to change background color, or if you don't have yet then create by click on New button
3. First time on Background override there should <None> option, click it, it will open background override pull down menu.
4. There are 4 option, <None>, Solid, Gradient, Image, and Edit. If you want to change to solid white color, choose Solid, then Background dialog box will appear. Click on color, and pick up white color. If you want to change to Gradient or Image, just choose from Type pull down menu.

Hope it can help.

ronie_ernanto
2007-01-31, 11:53 AM
I forgot, when you make a new view, you can also directly change the background, just click on the override default background..

ronie_ernanto
2007-02-18, 05:32 PM
Btw seem it don't work when I make an animation. Is there any solution?

jeff.garr
2007-02-19, 12:21 PM
This is still not working. I have tried a couple of different files and neither is working to change the color/image. I have tried minipulating views or creating new ones. Whenever rendered, the background is always black. I have attached one of the files I have tried. Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

ronie_ernanto
2007-02-22, 12:26 AM
This is still not working. I have tried a couple of different files and neither is working to change the color/image. I have tried minipulating views or creating new ones. Whenever rendered, the background is always black. I have attached one of the files I have tried. Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

That's not 2007 ver. You use A2005? Why you not tell it before?
Try this.
On Render dialog box, click on Background button.
Choose Solid radio button, and UNCLICK AutoCAD Background.
Then select color what you want by click Select Color button.
It works for me, and hope it help.

jeff.garr
2007-02-27, 03:46 PM
I am using 2007.... we have to save files to a previous version for use with other users.

I was able to do this by changing the background color of model space as well as the background of the custom view I set up. Either way it is not very user friendly.

jaberwok
2007-02-27, 06:48 PM
If it's a rendering problem in A2005 then Ronie's answer gives the solution. Or are you just producing shaded views?