PDA

View Full Version : 3D wire book stand in AutoCAD 2007

johnd
2007-01-26, 10:30 PM
This is a concept drawing for work purposes.

ronie_ernanto
2007-01-28, 06:09 PM
That's a good one...but what is holding the book? Is that floating on air?

Opie
2007-01-29, 02:55 PM
This is a concept drawing for work purposes.
Not bad.

What steps did you take to do the translucent sign on the top?

How long did it take you to model it? Do you model these types of objects often?

stusic
2007-01-29, 05:34 PM
That's a good one...but what is holding the book? Is that floating on air?I'm also interested in knowing how the book is supported. It looks like the bottom "rung" is supposed to do that, but it also looks in-line with the upper "rungs", which are supporting the back of the book...

But it is a nice rendering. Did you use vanilla Autocad to do this?

Kris.Keller
2007-01-29, 05:43 PM
Looks nice. Thank you for submitting.

johnd
2007-01-30, 10:38 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. To answer the questions about what is holding the book: there should be another wire under the book to hold it into place. This image was purely a conceptual so some of those details are left out in a quick run-through. As far as the time to model I would say from scratch to finished product maybe 3 hours. I had to scan the book, import into materials and, of course, draw the actual wires, etc Then a little playing around with the lights and such to get the right look. I did use AutoCAD 2007 straight from the box with no add-on software, programming, etc. Also, as far as how I created the header I simply extruded the shape and applied a clear glass material; the letters "RISING STAR GRAPHIC HERE" were exploded text and then extruded to create 3D solids. Thanks!