PDA

View Full Version : Revit Systems Content Creation Tutorial

kyle.bernhardt
2007-01-29, 08:01 PM
Revit Systems Community,
I wanted to let everybody know that we just recently posted a set of tutorials on creating Revit Systems content. I think these are a great resource for everyone who wants to learn to build Systems-specific content. You can find download for the tutorials on the Documentation section of our product web site, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8779713.

Cheers,
Kyle B

savk
2007-01-29, 10:27 PM
respect
thanks

Arnel Aguel
2007-01-30, 06:51 AM
That's great many thanks.

rafterman
2007-01-30, 01:20 PM
This is great stuff, thank you Kyle.

brendan.upton
2007-02-02, 03:52 AM
Really good tutorials here!!!!!
Cheers!

brendan.upton
2007-02-04, 10:58 PM
Thanks again Kyle, just one quick question.

In the introduction to connectors, in the content creator document, it mentions that:

'Currently electrical connectors are more “logical” connectors
than physical connectors, as the application doesn’t currently support the “3D”
modeling of elements like conduit, cable tray, or bus duct, but is rather a logical
model of the loads within the building'.

Is Revit going to support the 3D modelling of the electrical conduits and cable tray elemetns in the future?

Cheers, Bren.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-02-05, 01:24 PM
Bren,
I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.... :-p

Seriously though, I can't make any forward-facing statements about product direction...legal reasons. About all I could say on that would be that we as a Product Team are aware of the value that Conduit and Cable Tray modeling would bring to the software, and as an MEP product it would be logical that such a capability would be in the software at some point.

Cheers,
Kyle B

brendan.upton
2007-02-06, 12:10 AM
No Worries...enough said.
We will wait with keen anticipation!!!

Cheers, Bren

kyle.bernhardt
2007-06-11, 08:02 PM
I just wanted to let everybody know that we've posted an updated version of our Content Creation Tutorial on our website, you can find them at www.autodesk.com/revitmep-documentation

They are towards the bootm of the page. You will find that we have added some material as well as re-formatted the content like a standard tutorial.

Any comments are welcome.

Cheers,
Kyle B