PDA

View Full Version : Location for user created MVParts

chris.67534
2004-07-03, 04:25 PM
Hello All.

It might be a good idea to set up a place on this site where we would have access to user created custom MVParts.

These parts should be uploaded to a database with model specific information (Manufacturer, Model Number, System, Description). Then other users could search through the database using these parameters. I think we should also have a system where other users can rate these parts as they use them.

Having a central (and free) place to share our parts will only make us more efficient and make the Building Systems program more popular.

Let me know what you think.

Chris Tindall

nhenderson
2004-07-13, 02:37 PM
I agree w/ Chris. Also add a forum group for Disciplines i.e. HVAC or ABS 2004 users. We are new to Autodesk Building Systems 2004 at our office. We just converted from Autocad 2000i. I was hoping to find some cool things here and to learn. I haven't found anything for HVAC. I work at a Engineering Consulting Firm doing HVAC. I am a newbee though, so maybe I just have't looked hard enough. I guess this site is mostly for Revit users and Architects.

thanks,
Nick

MMccomb
2004-07-16, 06:46 PM
Try these forums out.
There seems to be a good database of information / user files for Building Systems.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/

chris.67534
2004-07-28, 02:04 AM
The forums lead me to a location where people occasionally post their MvParts, but I am looking for a database. Something that is searchable and easy to navigate. A place where we can specify the System, Part Name, Manufacturer and/or Model so that it is easy for others to find.

Apparently Autodesk is in the process of setting something up.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=169518

Let's keep our eyes open.

RobertB
2004-07-28, 05:36 PM
The Exchange will address this issue. We will be able to post and search for MvParts in the new version of Exchange. Sorry, no firm ETA on when the new version will be up.

chris.67534
2004-08-18, 03:36 AM
Is there any ETA for the new Exchange? We are all eagerly awaiting....

tim.thompson
2005-03-21, 08:01 PM
I am having trouble getting the MV parts to read into a schedule. I have created a separate property set but to no avail. Quantities and part numbers read in but nothing else. Ideas?

Also I am looking for companies/users who have been using Building Systems for 2 story or less residential plumbing.

I think a forum or sounding board for this particular niche might be a good idea since the requirements differ in some respects.

Anyone interested please post .Email welcome at: tim.thompson@riggsplumbing.com

e.sjoberg
2005-05-16, 06:27 PM
I agree w/ Chris. Also add a forum group for Disciplines i.e. HVAC or ABS 2004 users. We are new to Autodesk Building Systems 2004 at our office. We just converted from Autocad 2000i. I was hoping to find some cool things here and to learn. I haven't found anything for HVAC. I work at a Engineering Consulting Firm doing HVAC. I am a newbee though, so maybe I just have't looked hard enough. I guess this site is mostly for Revit users and Architects.

thanks,
Nick

Well ABS is still not that popular from what I see. I use it everyday and think that it is a tremendous app but I think a lot of companies see it as a huge change and not worth the time and effort. And yes, us HVAC and Plumbing folk are greatly outnumbered here ;-)

AutoCAD-AL
2008-12-23, 05:10 PM
Hi, Sounds like other people have finally come to the conclusion that there should be a "Common Library Access Site". I wounder were I have heard this before. Oh that was me 6 Months after I opened the first version of ABS. When I started developing Pipe, MVparta and Parametric data sets for MEP, when it was called ABS.
I suggested this to Ken Conno from PPI many years ago. This would be great to have availible to users. No Body took the bull by the horns to implament this. Being a Government site this was not possible for me to provide. I also suggested this to many Autodesk reps @ the Universities I attended. No cigar. Well I hope you have better luck than I did in getting someone to develope a site such as this. In my opinion, I think It should be offered to the VIP Subscriptions at a minimum. Talk about a great personal relations service.

david_peterson
2008-12-29, 07:48 PM
Well you can always start dumping them here.
http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397