PDA

View Full Version : Printing Shaded views on Hp designjet

Alex Page
2004-07-05, 02:16 AM
We have a couple of problems printing shaded views on our HP 1050C..
1. Quality is very low.. jagged lines etc.
2. Colours are very dark compared to our other printers....

I remember seeing a thread 6 months ago (?)...but Ive lost it...anyone have a work around for this?
Cheers
Alex

Alex Page
2004-07-05, 02:25 AM
Sorry..just found the hundreds of topics/ threads!!!
Thanks

Alex Page
2004-07-05, 05:37 AM
Actually...none of them answered my questions!!!
HELP!

Mr Spot
2004-07-05, 05:47 AM
Are you printing as vector or raster?

beegee
2004-07-05, 05:58 AM
Actually...none of them answered my questions!!!
HELP!
Did you check this post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1075&highlight=printer), particularly the comments by Mr. Zoog near the end. ( Don't know if that will help since it looks like it was referred to support without an answer posted back. )

Alex Page
2004-07-07, 02:34 AM
Are you printing as vector or raster?
Thought I had tried all combinations, but must have missed 'raster' somehow...yes, this has fixed the 'jagged lines', but colours still coming out way to dark.
Does anyone think this may have something to do with ICC profiles (I hope not...Ive dealt with them before!)

Alex Page
2004-07-22, 09:29 PM
Right....sorted it out
1. using raster/ vector printing for shaded views within Revit has no effect on quality (that I can see anyway)
2. For jagged lines...make sure in the designlet printer settings (under advanced) that FAST RASTER PRINTING is NOT ticked...that sorts out that!
3. to lighten dark colours I changed the designlet printer settings (under options) to use 'manual color' then (under colour control) 'no colour correction' and used the 'lightness' button to lighten them. Note this changes all colour printing to this printer, so I created a new printer called 'hp 1050c Revit' for the specific workaround of this problem. Works great, anyone found a better/ alternate way?