PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous - Dynamic Pile Cut (Imperial & Metric)

Rico
2006-01-05, 03:20 PM
I've got an Imperial and Metric version of a block I like to call .... Dynamic Pile Cut Line. Basically, it can be used for piles, pipes, columns and any other circular or cylindrical object. It's a simple scale function, but again ...... I figured it was good for Dynamic Block-ization.

Any tips or ideas to make them better?

Chris.N
2006-01-05, 04:01 PM
Dynamic Pile Cut Line
Any tips or ideas to make them better?Wow, talk about Great Minds..... (GMTA)... i also have those from awhile back..... (shall i just dump my whole DB lib here?.... nah!!)
anyway.... (they are :cool: , aren't they?) add allignment parameters to the insertion points: perp. to break for pipe, that way you don't have to rotate after instertion, which is especially handy when placing decking on sloped framing...
now... is it my turn again already?

vessela.raybosh
2010-05-18, 03:52 PM
Please, Dynamic Blockhead Mod, if you have the new block, would you please share it with us?
Thank you.

Chris.N
2010-05-18, 04:19 PM
Please, Dynamic Blockhead Mod, if you have the new block, would you please share it with us?
Thank you.
what are you looking for in a new block?

vessela.raybosh
2010-05-18, 05:29 PM
Thank you for responding so fast!!!
I am very new to dynamic blocks, as yuou can tell I posted just once. You seem to be a guru on this topic, so please bear with me:)
...."add allignment parameters to the insertion points: perp. to break for pipe, that way you don't have to rotate after instertion, which is especially handy when placing decking on sloped framing..."- was your comment to the pile cut dynamic block posted by Rico.

I downloaded the dynamic pile cut files by Rico. I have problem with inserting them in another drawing. I have used once before dynamic block file and after i inserted this file to a new drawing, it came as dynamic, with all the parameters that could be changed. Now, when I insert the files posted by Rico, they do not insert as dynamic block, it's just one block entity. There are no "little blue arrows" that can change the parameters.
So, my problem is1st- what is wrong with my file and how to make it insert as dynamic block?
2nd- Do you have a dynamic block with an align option? I have a all steel project with a lot of sloping tube sections and details. I would like to use a dynamic block which can be inserted perperdicular to the center line of the tube and that can be modified as per Rico's file.
I hope I was clear enough. Again, sorry, I am very new to this concept.
Thank you!!!!

Opie
2010-05-18, 06:02 PM
Did you download any of the files attached above and then insert the downloaded file into another drawing? You would need to explode that new block. If that is the case, you can do a few things to get the dynamic properties in the future.

You can use design center to copy the block from the download file into another drawing.
You can open the download file and wblock out the dynamic block to its own drawing file.
You could insert the download file and then explode it in your current drawing.
You could add it to a Tool Palette for direct inserting into the current and future drawings.

vessela.raybosh
2010-05-18, 07:12 PM
Thank you, Using DesignCenter helped. I was able to insert it as dynamic block.
I will explore the other options as well.
Thnak you, it was awsome to get such quick help!

Chris.N
2010-05-18, 08:35 PM
Thank you, Using DesignCenter helped. I was able to insert it as dynamic block.
I will explore the other options as well.
Thnak you, it was awsome to get such quick help!
To help you to get knowledgable faster with Dynamic Blocks (DBs), try HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=64415)