PDA

View Full Version : Capture Rendering

rhys
2003-06-25, 12:48 PM
As soon as I try to Capture a rendering Revit hangs. Has anyone experienced this behaviour?
Rhys

PeterJ
2003-06-25, 12:50 PM
Never

Seems to work fine for me.

P

rhys
2003-06-25, 01:01 PM
Strange was working fine with the same file and hw set up afew days ago.
Export to Jepg works OK I'll have to use that asw a work around for currrent deadline
Rhys

aggockel50321
2003-06-25, 03:37 PM
I've noticed that on my machine (P3 w/ 500) capturing a rendering will take a long time if the rendering is large. It (Revit) acts like it's hung up, but if I wait long enough (coffee break) it'll finish.

fernando
2003-12-07, 03:19 PM
i have had that experience to
i make a fine render image
if at first instead of export image i capture it, it will hagn up
but if at firts i export that's ok
that's happens speccialy in large work's

Scott D Davis
2003-12-07, 04:46 PM
On a related side note: if file size is an issue, all your rendered views should be saved (exported) to JPG or TIF, and kept in the project folder. Delete the captured rendering from your project browser in Revit. The JPGs can be imported to a sheet just as easily as the captured renderings from within Revit. Caputed renderings will bloat the file size. (A little tip we learned at AU!)

funkman
2003-12-17, 12:25 AM
I had experienced this problem previously as well. Usually I exported the file first before capturing it. Once that is done, everything should be ok.

IF HOWEVER....you press the capture button first before the export button, and then smacked your own head in frustration, relax. If revit hangs/crashes/isn't responding, there is a location I think I have found where your rendering that you slaved over IS stored. Look in "C:My Documents" upper level and they are there with filenames "render.0001.jpg" etc. The number increases to whatever the number of times you have done this.

Then simply import.