PDA

View Full Version : AccuRender quality

anond
2004-07-06, 08:55 AM
Hi
I have been using Accurender in AutoCAD 2000 for about two years now and after spending some time in Revit i still can`t produce the same quality in Revit as in AutoCAD. Is it an older version the one used in Revit maybe?

Regards
Ånond

beegee
2004-07-06, 10:37 PM
Revit uses a lite version of the full Accurender.

ps Nice images !

anond
2004-07-07, 05:45 AM
Do you know of any plans to upgrade it?

beegee
2004-07-07, 06:02 AM
No, not that I've heard.

Merlin
2004-07-07, 10:27 PM
Actually, I heard a rumour that Autodesk are replacing the Accurender engine with 3D Studio or 3D Max....anyone else heard something similar?
John Mc

beegee
2004-07-08, 12:23 AM
Actually, I heard a rumour that Autodesk are replacing the Accurender engine with 3D Studio or 3D Max....anyone else heard something similar?
John Mc
Yeah, but that's for ADT only. :-P

anond
2004-07-08, 07:49 AM
It`s too bad that a great program like Revit shuld be let down by a half-harted renderer.

Ånond

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-08, 08:02 AM
I half think the whole hearted complaints are from half hearted attempts to use it :p

I've seen some bloody nice renderings done with the software as is (anything from Mr. Zoog for example) I have yet to see more than a couple examples of work by anyone complaining that simply could not be done in Revit with poor old accurender.

Now before you blast me away with your retorts, I'm all for improving Revit for renderings sake. I agree wholeheartedly that painless Revit file linking/sharing with Viz/Max would be very smart and wonderful.

Have a nice day! :-D or night....

anond
2004-07-08, 09:36 AM
I think that my dissapointment comes from the fact that they chosed an exelent renderpackage and only implemented a light version of it.

And it is turning out to be a very nice day. Blue skies as far as the eye kan see :o)

sbrown
2004-07-08, 01:14 PM
I used accurender with acad 14 and softdesk and feel the same way I was able to do huge renderings and avi's without problem, for some reason when running inside revit, instead of "shelling out" you really are limited. Not to mention the trees are only using the coarse leaves not the high detail. However, interior renderings should still be able to get pretty close to what you are used to. there is less lighting control.

tatlin
2004-07-10, 05:50 AM
Please see my reply in this thread

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1019