PDA

View Full Version : ABS Books

Kenaslan
2007-02-10, 08:19 PM
I have checked both amazon.com and Barnes and noble as well as autodesk. There does not seem to be ANY ABS books anywhere. I am beginning to wonder if ABS is just not used much by MEP firms. Any comments.

claus
2007-02-10, 09:07 PM
I have written books/education material about ABS 2007, duct, piping and plumbing. I have also written Unfortunately it´s on danish and covers the Danish way of using ABS which is different from country to country. I have also written education material to the 2005 and 2006 version. I leaned ABS to start with, by going the ABS tutorials and thats an OK start.

I´m not aware if there are any other books on the marked.

And by the way, ABS is the must used software to engineering comp. in denmark

ameador
2007-02-13, 04:44 PM
I have been on a search for ABS (2006 & 2007 versions) books for about 2 yrs and have come up short handed as well. There are tons of books out there for ADT, but nothing pseudo current for ABS which is really odd I think. The only resource that I have found are the AOTC's from Autodesk. (Autodesk Official Training Course ware) These step you through exercises, which is great for someone who just wants to use the software, but if you are trying to set up the software it doesn't quite lay it all out there. You need to interpolate from the exercises...and you may or may not understand why you are changing/doing the things you are and what exactly you're going to accomplish by changing those items. If you don't have any resources they are a good place to start though. (IMHO)

robw1031
2007-07-18, 08:38 PM
This Might Help

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=586979