PDA

View Full Version : Error: Sheet set file is not valid

linkinjax
2007-02-14, 03:04 AM
I used to be able to open sheet sets in either AutoCAD 2006 or 2005. Now;however, I get an error message that says the sheet set file is not valid. I am using WINDOWS XP.

I have tried to solve the problem my self but can't. I'm attaching a DWG file of some additional notes and some pasted dialog box images, as well as the help sheet from AutoDesk, although it applies to AutoCAD 2007.

I may have accidentally deleted some windows components with an AD-aware program. The Dell technician is supposed to get back to me on my options for reinstalling or repairing WINDOWS.

In the mean time I'm looking to get another hard drive to back up the first before I do something unrepairable.

Does anyone know how to help me?

Thanks, Mike

Mike.Perry
2007-02-14, 03:04 PM
[ SNIP ]

I have tried to solve the problem my self but can't. I'm attaching a DWG file of some additional notes and some pasted dialog box images, as well as the help sheet from AutoDesk, although it applies to AutoCAD 2007.

[ SNIP ]Hi

Are you referring to...

ID: TS1063349 - Error: Sheet set file is not valid (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=8277652&linkID=2475323)

If yes, did you try the Solution offered.

Plus, for what it is worth, I would first look at getting "Windows" fixed / repaired, then see about running a Repair Install on your AutoCAD installation... before spending time on trying to resolve AutoCAD issues / problems that may not really exist.

Have a good one, Mike

linkinjax
2007-02-14, 04:02 PM
Yes, it is ID: TS1063349, When I try to run the solution, I get an error message that the specified module could not be found.

I pasted this message in the dwg file attachment. I'm trying to resolve the windows repair issue. I believe you are right that its' a windows issue, why else would the sheet set error affect both AutoCAD programs.

Thanks for your advice, I'm still working on it.

Mike Lincoln