PDA

View Full Version : Electrical - MCC One Line Blocks

H.Hunter
2006-06-20, 06:35 PM
Ok, so actually I've been working refining our electrical blocks to fancy Dynamics. Most of them are very simple since I haven't gotten into the more complicated things. The problem I started running into is how we show existing versus new and trying to work the blocks so that it doesn't need to be exploded. So far I haven't found anything that allows layer control for objects based on Visibility or Lookup parameters.

But I thought I'd finally share my main masterpiece so far. It's actually compiled of multiple blocks. The one-line components are suppose dinserted at 1.00 intervals. The MCC 'frame' is set to 1.00 intervals at a max page with for an ArchD paper size. Enjoy.

(*added by mod: This post has been split from its original thread in order to conform to new Sharing Forum guidelines*)

H.Hunter
2006-06-20, 06:45 PM
A question based on my 1-Line file: Is there a way to remove the grips from the attribute text? I already have the location locked, but the grips show up even when the attribute isn't in the current visibility state. Looks really dumb when working with it.

whdjr
2006-06-20, 06:51 PM
You just need to 'Hide' or 'Show' the grip in the visibility state. This can be done from a button on the top right side within the Beditor or right-click after selecting the grip.

H.Hunter
2006-06-20, 06:56 PM
You just need to 'Hide' or 'Show' the grip in the visibility state. This can be done from a button on the top right side within the Beditor or right-click after selecting the grip.Actually, I just figured it out. I was using older block components from existing blocks I had. Apparently, the old attributes and new attributes aren't completely the same. I recreated the HP attribute and the grips don't show up at all since its locked.

**EDIT**

Actually, it has nothign to do with the version. I always forget to reinsert blocks when I'm working with them. If you reinsert the block, the grips go away.

Rico
2006-06-20, 07:01 PM
Actually, I just figured it out. I was using older block components from existing blocks I had. Apparently, the old attributes and new attributes aren't completely the same. I recreated the HP attribute and the grips don't show up at all since its locked.

**EDIT**

Actually, it has nothign to do with the version. I always forget to reinsert blocks when I'm working with them. If you reinsert the block, the grips go away. I was just about to suggest that. I work with a lot of old blocks that my company has on file here. Whenever I do, there is always, invariably, some issue with the block I create. More often than not, erasing the offending item and re drawing it usually fixes it.

Old blocks don't like the new and improved young whipper snappers.

H.Hunter
2006-06-20, 07:17 PM
I was just about to suggest that. I work with a lot of old blocks that my company has on file here. Whenever I do, there is always, invariably, some issue with the block I create. More often than not, erasing the offending item and re drawing it usually fixes it.

Old blocks don't like the new and improved young whipper snappers.Well I made the older blocks too. So its all good. :cool:

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 06:36 PM
A question based on my 1-Line file: Is there a way to remove the grips from the attribute text? I already have the location locked, but the grips show up even when the attribute isn't in the current visibility state. Looks really dumb when working with it.in you 'Options' dialog under the Selection tab, do you have the 'enable grips within blocks' option checked?

H.Hunter
2006-06-26, 06:40 PM
in you 'Options' dialog under the Selection tab, do you have the 'enable grips within blocks' option checked?Wow, didn't I ask that like a week ago? ;)

No, I figured out what the problem was (and no I don't have it turned on). The way of creating dynamic blocks is: create, save, test. Well there needs to an added step in there: create, save, insert new, test. I've have my blocks do some absolutely crazy stuff b/c I didn't reinsert them. The existing block seems to get whacked out as I work on it. If I insert the updated version instead of working with the original block, it works fine.

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 06:45 PM
Wow, didn't I ask that like a week ago? ;)

No, I figured out what the problem was (and no I don't have it turned on). The way of creating dynamic blocks is: create, save, test. Well there needs to an added step in there: create, save, insert new, test. I've have my blocks do some absolutely crazy stuff b/c I didn't reinsert them. The existing block seems to get whacked out as I work on it. If I insert the updated version instead of working with the original block, it works fine.you did... have you tried using BATTMAN to 'sync' the blocks to update? i've had phenomenal success with that command, especially when attributes are modified. Some others haven't, tho.

H.Hunter
2006-06-26, 06:48 PM
you did... have you tried using BATTMAN to 'sync' the blocks to update? i've had phenonenal success with that command, especially when attributes are modified. Some others haven't, tho.I haven't used it, but I'm only with one actual insertion of a block at a time while creating these. So I don't have any to update really and deleting the old one and inserting a new one only takes a second. But I'll see if the dark knight can help me in my quest for the ultimate dynamic block... ;)