PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to globally change the path of the sheet files in SSM?

kkinchen
2007-02-14, 11:41 PM
Our office organizes the project CAD files into sub-directories that are associated with the project's phase (eg...SD, DD, CD, CA, etc.). Therefore, when a project moves from DD to CD, so do the CAD files. When this is done, the sheet files in the SSM must have the paths revised individually.

Is there a way to globally change the path of the sheet files in SSM?

robert.1.hall72202
2007-02-15, 01:36 PM
I haven't seen a way to do this....anyone?

I put all of my sheet sets into 1 folder on the network drive.
I like being able to get to any project from 1 folder.
I use the sheet sets to open the associated drawing files.

What would I do if the network path changed?

saxywolf
2007-06-09, 12:44 AM
@ kkinchen
I don't know of a way to redirect the file pointers, but I can suggest using a specific folder for the "current" set. When the project moves to the next stage, archive the project at that point. Whether you put the other folders in this folder or adjacent, it wouldn't matter. There wouldn't be an easy way to access the older versions but you could try archiving them instead. When I say archive, I really mean plot a multi page DWF of the project, and copy/eTransmit/Archive the entire set. Use the DWF to browse or plot old versions.

@ Robert.Hall
Puttin all the sheet set files into a single folder has it's advantages, however my office has a policy of keeping all files associated with a project in the project folder (and then proceeds to have policies that go directly against this...) I just use the Recent list in the SSM to access them, although I don't have to access that many projects all that often.

I haven't played with how a sheet set file (DST) works when using eTransmit or Achive. Although I've heard/it seems the path becomes relative? Not sure, but maybe you can archive the SSM file so that it changes to having relative file pointers.

Side note: If you combine DWFs by dragging them onto each other and then try to use the Markup Manager, it will forget where the markups were referenced and not allow you to even edit the file location filed to redirect it. /rant

jgrande26
2007-12-05, 09:13 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had a solution (or at least, a good work-around). My company upgraded our server and re-organized the network; so my drive letter has been changed. I need to edit the paths of more than 100 sheets and I don't want to do them one at a time.

Chris.N
2007-12-06, 02:38 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had a solution (or at least, a good work-around). My company upgraded our server and re-organized the network; so my drive letter has been changed. I need to edit the paths of more than 100 sheets and I don't want to do them one at a time.
would the reference manager assist you with this? (found under the "Programs" list from the start button and packaged with the Autodesk/Autocad group)

jgrande26
2007-12-07, 06:59 PM
I checked that out and it doesn't look like it works with the SSM.