PDA

View Full Version : Using a script to change custom properties in a sheet set.

thomas-p
2007-02-21, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the custom properties or any properties in a sheet set using a script file, lisp routine, or vba command.

Main purpose for this is:

We have 24 office and I'm wanting to do this so that I can have one titleblock and make it easy for people to change the office location information in the title blocks using fields that pull from the sheet set manager. I want to make a script for each office so people don't have to type in the office information into the sheet set manually.

Opie
2007-02-21, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the custom properties or any properties in a sheet set using a script file, lisp routine, or vba command.

Main purpose for this is:

We have 24 office and I'm wanting to do this so that I can have one titleblock and make it easy for people to change the office location information in the title blocks using fields that pull from the sheet set manager. I want to make a script for each office so people don't have to type in the office information into the sheet set manually.
You can create a Sheet Set Template with all of the custom properties created and filled in with default information. Each office could have a copy of the default template with the appropriate information filled in for their office.

madcadder
2007-02-21, 03:52 PM
Sounds like you could define a user per branch list and have it set the location according to the LOGINNAME variable.

thomas-p
2007-02-21, 03:53 PM
That could work as a last resort. I was trying to avoid that way so I wouldn't have to have 24 different Sheet sets for each department sheet set type. This would make a lot of sheet set templates to manage.

thomas-p
2007-02-21, 03:56 PM
Sounds like you could define a user per branch list and have it set the location according to the LOGINNAME variable.
How do you mean. Not sure I understand what you mean.

madcadder
2007-02-21, 04:08 PM
if LOGINNAME is this, or this, or this, or this, set the variable LOCATION to Chicago.
in the template have to location section look for the LOCATION variable.

define this in the acaddoc.lsp.

madcadder
2007-02-21, 04:35 PM
just a quick and dirty version

(DEFUN c:locate (/)
(IF (= "loginname" "twinn")
(SETQ location "Tampa")
) ;_ end of if
(IF (= "loginname" "aaaaa")
(SETQ location "Chicago")
) ;_ end of if
(IF (= "loginanme" "bbbbb")