PDA

View Full Version : Get multiple lines of text (Attributes or Fields) to work as a Sheet Title?

bengle
2007-03-06, 05:14 PM
I have a block called "Sheet Information" it contains attribute definitions for Drawing Title, Date, Scale, Drawn By, Checked By, Job No., Drawing No..

I have set it up to use what ever the Current Sheet Set Drawing No.and Job No. is but i have a problem with the the Drawing Title.

The block has three lines of attributes for the Drawing Title as the width for the drawing title is limited. So if the drawing title in the sheet set is long it extends beyond the space required.

I have tried using an "Mtext" Field to get multiple lines, but all i get are ###

I have attached the block, let me know if i'm doing something wrong.

Any body know how to get either multiple lines form an attribute (I don't think AutoCAD can do this) or to get the Mtext Field option to work.

Opie
2007-03-06, 05:25 PM
The MText will not update if it is still within a block.

You may want to create a block which contains the attribute definitions only. Line work is okay to include in this block if you want it to be included. After you create this attribute block, create a second block which contains the attribute block and the MText object you want for the Sheet Title. Upon insertion of your block or final placement if you need to move it around, explode this second block. Your MText should now update accordingly as well as your attribute block.