PDA

View Full Version : Revit Systems Link Copy/Monitor

jetman
2007-03-08, 05:00 PM
I'm a newbie on Revit systems. I'm trying to develop HVAC Zones. I'd done it numerous times directly in the Revit Building Model, but I want to link the model and do the zoning in my own HVAC file.

I have linked a Revit Building into my new file. I'm trying to set up zones. I believe I need to copy the room names into my current drawing from the original Building model.

When I select Copy/Monitor, and then Copy Rooms I'm getting this alert
"No rooms could be copied. Check that the options have phases configured and that the levels in the Linked File are Monitored."

Well, I've been into the options and I believe I have the phases configured. What I don't understand is the linked files are monitored?

Any help would be appreciated.

mjdanowski
2007-03-08, 06:19 PM
I have gotten this error for 2 reasons:

1. I have not selected a phase under Options-> Rooms-> Phases
2. I have not copied over the floor elevations.

If you have the phases setup, it must be because you have not copied over the elevation of the floor which your rooms are on.

jetman
2007-03-08, 08:37 PM
When you say checked a phase do you mean after I've linked in my Revit floor plan, I hit the copy/monitor button, then go to Options from the left menu bar and then select the Rooms tab and the "phase" is under Additional Copy Parameters. ? I have selected phase here and selected new construction. I've done this...is this what you mean. See here is where my problem is....I then go to "Copy Rooms" and I get this error.

Now as far as what you said about copying floor elevations...geesh...how do I do that? I've not a clue how to do that?

kyle.bernhardt
2007-03-08, 10:21 PM
Jon,
There are a few existing threads I would point you to that address this sort of question.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5218434

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5363315

Let us know if that doesn't solve this issue for you.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Mottiqua
2007-03-09, 03:48 PM
I think you might have to copy/monitor your levels, if you're working in a linked file....
At our company we make it a point to c/m rooms, levels, and grids. The levels work concurrently with rooms.

(Go into your elevation views, c/m from there)

jetman
2007-03-23, 07:37 PM
Hello everybody who answered my call. This information was helpful...especially the video...it got me just far enough along that I could finish the rest of what I needed.