PDA

View Full Version : Converting to decimals of a foot

jmctamney
2007-03-13, 01:33 PM
I have a field I'm using to list coordinates of columns. Problem is, I need the coordinates to be in decimal of a foot. Not a problem, just divide by 12 right? Well, there seems to be a glitch. I just want the x,y coordinate and it's giving me x,y,z with the z coordinate being 0.00. any ideas how I can supress the z coordinate?

zoomharis
2007-03-25, 07:58 AM
The capability of formula field seems to be very much limited (That's no way an excuse for our limited knowledge ). I choose a twisted way to get the result you are looking for. May that's too many steps to accomplish a simple task. I am sorry, but I don't have any other way in front of me. Please see the attached file. I have used two extra temporary fields to accomplish the task.

By the way, your question nearly ruined my barin ;)

Does that help you anyway?

jmctamney
2007-03-26, 08:56 PM
Now why didn't I think of that?!? Yes, it is very complicated but I think I can make it work. Thanks for the assistance. I think this might be something to bring to the attention of Autodesk. Is there a forum for that?

zoomharis
2007-03-27, 06:18 AM
Now why didn't I think of that?!? Yes, it is very complicated but I think I can make it work. Thanks for the assistance. I think this might be something to bring to the attention of Autodesk. Is there a forum for that?
Nice to know that it helped a little.

The best way to make your wish come true is to post it here (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=246)

:)