PDA

View Full Version : Annotation - Structural Framing

William Troeak
2007-03-18, 07:10 AM
These are framing symbols that I have used in structural drawings.
One is the typical framing arrow with the option to become joist or rafter.
The second is one that I came up with to show the extension on a joist or rafter after it passes over a wall.

I have many other Structural type Dynamic Blocks that I will share in the next few days...

Enjoy!

Chris.N
2007-03-18, 08:19 PM
These are framing symbols that I have used in structural drawings.
One is the typical framing arrow with the option to become joist or rafter.
The second is one that I came up with to show the extension on a joist or rafter after it passes over a wall.

I have many other Structural type Dynamic Blocks that I will share in the next few days...

Enjoy!Hi Will!

Welcome to the Sharing forum! those are great blocks, so thanks for sharing.

I renamed this thread to better explain what type of blocks you are sharing, and if you haven't done so already, invite you to quickly read thru the Guidelines (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=56755)of sharing your blocks in here. I left these two blocks together in here as they are obviously a paired type in their use.

Thanks again, and keep up the awesome work!

Chris.N
2007-03-18, 08:28 PM
Sorry, i couldn't help myself, let me know what you think. (i tweaked it)

:beer:

William Troeak
2007-03-19, 06:40 PM
hate to act like a ding-bat, but I could not find any changes.
I read the guidelines and I will include a description on the future blocks I am working on.
Hope you are ready to read some novels, I have a problem keeping things short....

Thanks for your feed back!

Chris.N
2007-03-19, 07:50 PM
I read the guidelines and I will include a description on the future blocks I am working on.
Hope you are ready to read some novels, I have a problem keeping things short....

Thanks for your feed back!open both up and drag an arrow grip straight up... ;)

Chris.N
2007-03-19, 07:53 PM

Thanks for your feed back!it wasnt' your description i was commenting on, i changed the thread title and almost split up your blocks before realizing they were so similar.

and don't worry about being wordy, the more complicated the blocks, the more 'splainin' we need to understand 'em. ;)

can't wait to see them!!! :beer:

William Troeak
2007-03-20, 12:14 AM
Great change, I will update my blocks now.

Thanks again.

Rico
2007-03-20, 04:28 PM
Sorry, i couldn't help myself, let me know what you think. (i tweaked it)

:beer:Hey! That's my job!!! haha.

I thought you were gonna combine the extensions and the original DB ...... :cry: let down. ;)

This block is purely for a structural setting, right?

It looks more like a "Structural" block than "Annotation" ......

Chris.N
2007-03-20, 04:47 PM
Hey! That's my job!!! haha.

I thought you were gonna combine the extensions and the original DB ...... :cry: let down. ;)

This block is purely for a structural setting, right?

It looks more like a "Structural" block than "Annotation" ......it's used to label a run of framing, so it's "Annotation" in a structural dwg. (i.e.: 18" tji joists at 24" o.c.)

what our guys have done in the past is use dims and overwrite the text...

Rico
2007-03-20, 04:51 PM
it's used to label a run of framing, so it's "Annotation" in a structural dwg. (i.e.: 18" tji joists at 24" o.c.)

what our guys have done in the past is use dims and overwrite the text...
(*squinting eyes suspiciously*) alright .... I suppose it can stay as annotation. Y'know .. being that you made sense and all. :razz:

Do you have a block ike this yet, C?