PDA

View Full Version : Can assemblies br mirrored?

T-Towntech
2007-03-19, 01:55 PM
Can anyone tell me if assemblies can be mirrored? If so, how? Or where can I find the information.

rad.77676
2007-03-19, 07:54 PM
No,
What you will find if you look at the properties of each subassembly is that there is a left and a right setting which dictates the direction.
Rob

T-Towntech
2007-03-19, 08:11 PM
I understand the concept of building an assembly with sub-assemblies.

I wanted to copy an assembly AND mirror it to create an exact opposite of the first assembly I have, "instead of" building a new assembly.
I've already rebuilt the assembly now. Just wanting to know if there was a simple way to do this and save a few steps.

MMccall.83699
2007-03-19, 09:43 PM
Just for fun I tried making a block from a current assembly, mirrored the block and then exploded it .... it mirrored fine, but the exploded pieces reverted back to their un-mirrored state.

What would be really nice is a setting on the assembly to tell it that you're building a symmetrical assembly so you only need to build one side.

T-Towntech
2007-03-20, 12:29 PM
If it's symmetrical, I found the easiest thing to do is build both sides as you go rt, lt, rt, lt....
My assembly isn't symmetrical is why I wanted to mirror it. I have to add turn lanes and move an intersection 9' north and east. We can't get the row on the SW cor. Which causes me to add all the new pavement to the north and east.
That's reason for wanting to mirror the assembly.

brian.hailey933139
2007-04-03, 05:31 PM
If you have an assembly that has all the sub assemblies you'll need for you new assembly on the correct side, simply copy it (just the assembly, all the subs will copy with it) and then delete the subs you don't need.

T-Towntech
2007-04-04, 12:04 PM
If you have an assembly that has all the sub assemblies you'll need for you new assembly on the correct side, simply copy it (just the assembly, all the subs will copy with it) and then delete the subs you don't need.
I wanted an exact duplicate, is the reason I wanted to mirror. I understand I would need to copy the original assembly then work with that.

It seems to me it's much more work to explode the sub's and modify them, then to build a new assembly using sub-assemblies you already have. Which is what I did.

Thanks for your input.