PDA

View Full Version : Field Values in Xref not Displaying Correctly

sifuentes
2007-03-22, 10:31 PM
I created a level tag block with a field to grab the Y value of the blocks insertion point. This tag is to be used in a drawing containing the elevation tags only. This drawing is then referenced into all our elevations and sections to insure consistency between drawings. The tag works well within the drawing to be xreffed, but when referenced all fields display a value of 0'-0".

We use different UCS in our elevations-sections, so I checked xreffing the level tags in WCS, but got the same problem, so I wanted to ask if someone has managed to accomplish what we are trying to do. I am attaching the block in case someone would like to take a look.

Thanks,

jpduhon
2007-05-08, 08:35 PM
I ran into the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

My guess is that the field attempts to resolve itself to whatever file it is currently in. I had set up my block where the field referenced a point within the block itself. this means that when the block is in the model file the field resolves to the block's position. In the sheet file the block does not exist so there is nothing for the field to resolve to. That's my best guess.

The only solution I have found so far is to place the blocks in the model space of the sheet file.

danhanes
2007-08-21, 08:01 PM
I have found if you set fieldeval system variable below 4 (say 2) that it should show correctly.
Please post if this does not work.

randyspear
2010-04-08, 02:19 PM
did you guys find an answer? I've tried multiple fieldeval variables (I prefer 28) but nothing works.

randyspear
2010-04-08, 03:22 PM
It displays correctly in some files and not others. I can't figure out for the life of me what system variable is different.